Saturday, November 6, 2010

Winter Romps

I just can't seem to stop remixing my old summer favorites into new Fall (Winter?! It is snowing!) pieces. Today: the romper.
I know what you're saying: the pattern mixing, the layers, the tights: Anna's signature outfits are back. I was really happy about the way this came together, but there is a lot going on so let's break it down, top to bottom.I started by wearing the romper over this long-sleeved tshirt with a thicker belt, but I liked the look of the thinner belt once I added the vest and the idea of matching the nautical stripes with the small florals obviously delighted me.
The Tiffany's key necklace is amazing and can work with almost any outfit, but I try to not wear it too much, as I want to keep it a special treat. The romper, though covered, really represents summer fun and whimsy, and what's more whimsical than a key necklace? Not much.
The bottom of this outfit is by far the best. Again, the wool vest over the romper worked really well, and I matched it to my thick grey winter socks, a great addition under the boots and a nice way to contrast the color of the tights. The tights! These are actually my plaid tights wore inside out, and I have to say, they're a great solid color. Power blue!
Finally, the boots! The last of my birthday splurge on Zappos. I love these boots; they're so comfortable, but also adorable. The best part is that I can fold down the top for when I'm not wearing them with pants (or high socks).

Romper and Socks: Target
Shirt: Old Navy
Vest: Gabes
Tights: Kohl's
Shoes: Gifted, Mom and Dad, Zappo's, Chinese Laundry
Necklace: Gifted, Mom and Dad
Belt: Vintage, Came with dress, Eons, Pittsburgh

And now, an adorable picture of me with my eyes closed, trying to hide from the cold. xoxo Anna Rae

4 comments:

  1. mono brown11/07/2010

    I have a key necklace too!

    Love what the blue adds to this outfit.

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Let's wear them on the same day with similar outfits!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the new look of the blog!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous9/22/2014

    hi, the open shirt is amazing especially when it's tucked in
    Hit me up on facebook marco manningo

    ReplyDelete