Saturday, November 27, 2010

Miss Nelson is Missing

On Friday I got to play substitute teacher for the lovely Jenna. Since she warned me that her class was a rowdy bunch, I wore my best "literature is good for you" glasses, "what do you mean you don't know what a thesis is" boots, and "shut up, sit down and try to participate" blazer.
Despite my discipline and punish intent, my outfit still had lots of lovely detail: frayed edges and velvet trim on the blazer, crystal sparkle, and silk pleats. I love the look of a non-tailored top with a tailored blazer for contrast.

Miss Viola Swamp was definitely in town.

Blazer: Vintage Banana Republic, Etsy
Blouse: Joe Fresh, Real Canadian Superstore
Jeans: Gap
Boots: Zara
Necklace: Thrifted, The Salvation Army Kerrisdale

Despite my apparent glee at being the meanest substitute teacher in the whole world, I stepped in for an important reason. Jenna, my photographer extraordinaire, is having very serious surgery next week. So if you know her, and even if you don't, please send good thoughts or prayers or even wishes for the perfect pair of shoes on sale her way. Thank you.





1 comment:

  1. mono brown12/01/2010

    Knew that book off by heart.

    You look beautiful.

    ReplyDelete