Wednesday, November 24, 2010

She Didn't Go to Smith

Today, I feel like I could be going to one of the Seven Sisters Colleges in 1945. Instead of running around my backyard, I feel like I could be running to classes at Wellsley or Vassar.
The skirt and the sweater really help with the old-fashioned academic vibe. The skirt is actually a dress, but I love the looks from the F10 lines so much, and I felt like my time to wear them was slipping away. Without a long wool skirt in my closet, I had to improvise.

The sweater is from a vintage store in New Hope, PA, and it's lined! I love it so much. It's a neutral tone with such amazing details. The key necklace seemed very college girl to me.
I loved having my mustard socks as a small pop of color. Although I'm in love with the socks with dress shoes trend, but I know a lot of people aren't on board. I really feel that with this skirt, especially with a retro liberal arts college inspiration, the socks and oxfords are perfect.
Dress (as skirt): Joe Fresh, Real Canadian Super Store, bought by Erin
Shirt: Charlotte Russe
Cardigan: Vintage, Love Saves the Day, New Hope, PA
Socks: Target
Shoes: Gifted, Mom and Dad, Zappo's, Bass
Neckalce: Gifted, Mom and Dad, Tiffany's
Happy Thanksgiving to all of our American readers! I bought myself a new camera as a Thanksgiving present, so I'm glad to be back to blogging. xoxo Anna Rae

2 comments:

  1. Welcome back! And happy Thanksgiving!
    I am very jealous of that beautiful cardigan...
    xoErin

    ReplyDelete