Thursday, March 11, 2010

the West Coast Winter

So, you know that thing that you put your memory card into, the one that goes into the computer so you can upload your pictures? Well, I've temporarily lost that thing. I have a more complete outfit post, but it's on hold until I can get the pictures from the camera onto the computer. But, while, you wait...

So far, all of my pictures have been taken indoors, but I'm hoping that will change soon. As long as the rain can hold out long enough and I'm dressed with spare time in the daylight hours, I'd really prefer outside shots. As you can see by Libby's post, the great outdoors, while mostly annoying and something I try desperately to avoid, add an extra air of professionalism. That said, when I do start taking outside shots, you'll notice that my coat is missing. Vancouver is heading into Spring (hopefully), which looks like a lot of the other seasons around here. Because I'm not trying to survive in below freezing temperatures, just trying to keep my feet dry, most days, I only own one coat. And because I'm me, it's bright purple, which means it often clashes with my clothes. My thinking is this: If I wear the coat every time the weather suggests that I need it, you'll get very bored of looking at pictures of it, and it will cause all of my outfits to look the same. Instead, I thought I'd post this one picture of me in my beautiful purple coat, taken by my amazing friend Joaquin while waiting for the bus when he was visiting for the Olympics.

The coat is great because it's purple, but also because of the ruffle that it has on the bottom. It really gives it some personality. Note the yellow tights (again), as they are my favorite to wear with the coat. Contrasting colors! (I told you I love them). Also, yes, since I knew you were wondering -- across the street there is a restaurant called Sushi-Q Deli. You have to love Dunbar.

Coat: Burlington Coat Factory
Tights: We Love Color Tights
Purse: 9 West Factory Outlet
Flats: American Eagle

Well, I'm off on a hunt for the missing photo technology. xoxo Anna Rae

1 comment:

  1. Anna, I have lost the cable that connects my camera to my computer and ALSO allows the camera to be charged and therefore I feel your pain. Keep the great posts coming!

    ReplyDelete