Monday, March 8, 2010

The Oscars -- but is it even worth it?


The Oscars last night were, as almost every other blog has already proclaimed, pretty damn boring. Unfortunately, the dresses pretty much followed suit. What I wouldn't give for someone to show up in safety pins or a gap turtleneck or a swan or a tutu or some incredibly hideous hairstyle. Instead, we had a lot of almost amazing dresses, easily fixable but you pretty much ruined it outfits, and then a bland display of niceness.

Vera Farmiga, in Marquesa, was my pick for Best Dressed. How can you not love that many ruffles? I liked her dress so much that it inspired me to learn her name, instead of calling her, "that woman in Up in the Air who wasn't Anna Kendrick." A few other things worth mentioning: I hadn't noticed until the Fug girls pointed it out, but Carey Mulligan's dress actually had mini scissors and forks and things beaded into it. So, clearly, that's a vote in the love category (if only her shoes weren't so lame). Also, I, in an incredibly small minority, kind of liked SJP's dress last night. I especially liked the back of it, because who doesn't love a big jewel, and the very 1960s hair. I also liked Zoe Saldana's skirt, if it had just had a very simple, lavender top to match -- come to think of it though, I also really liked the top, if it only had a simple, shorter bottom. Anna Kendrick looked quite beautiful, I thought, and I didn't mind the color because pastels are so in this season. And Gabby (we're friends) Sidibe wins the Who I'd Most Like to Come Hang Out with Me award, as she was so delightful to watch, especially during that awkward part in the beginning of the ceremony when the Best Actors and Actresses were paraded on stage. Gotta love a girl that knows how to work the poses.

But, no one rocked a Rodarte (for Target) dress with purple tights like I did, so I think I'm going to proclaim myself as the ultimate Best Dressed for Oscars 2010.

xoxo, Anna Rae

No comments:

Post a Comment