Sunday, March 14, 2010

Hello again Canada, meet my new wardrobe.

Yesterday, as I mentioned, I went on a shopping adventure in the States. Erin, my friend and fashion hero, drove me and her boyfriend (who, by the way, does not think you need to leave the country to shop. He saw a movie) across the border on a mission to buy Liberty of London at Target. Yes, the line was to launch today, but we called the store and the lady said it was already out. Well, guess what -- this is where the story gets sad -- they had everything out but the clothing. I will leave you some time to be appropriately devastated.

Do not worry, though. Erin and I recovered by buying other things, and for me, that meant a lot of other things. I bought more than one piece of clothing at a store! I bought a few things full price (yes, that full price did not exceed thirty dollars, but still)! Nothing I bought was used or damaged or donated! As you will notice on this blog, this is not how I often shop. And, of course, we ordered from Liberty of London at midnight when the clothes become available and shipped them to my house in the States (what a misleading and extravagant way to say my parents' house). How can one not be excited for Easter when they know this dress is going to show up in their Easter basket?

Because it happens so rarely, when I find myself buying more than three things at a time, I feel like I have an entirely new wardrobe. So, I'm a little disappointed to say, that the pictures I have to post are from my old wardrobe. It's so wintry and not new. But, I do like this outfit I wore to teach on Friday and you certainly wouldn't be impressed with my current state - self-tie-dyed "Guster is for Lovers" tshirt and sweatpants. Expect new clothes (but aren't they all new to you?) in the future. Until then...

I took this outfit when I came home from school, desperately needing to sleep and wearing no make-up, so I, like Libby, Maria Antoinette-ed my head. This outfit was formed around my love of a cuffed, Khaki trouser and the attempt to make my Wide-leg trousers resemble that.
When your pants kind of resemble golf pants, how can you not wear argyle and loafers? These socks, an important piece of the outfit, are actually Erin's, a great Sleepover success where she decided that my plain grey socks just wouldn't do.
This necklace, which you should love, is from one of my favorite Etsy seller's -- Jspoincas. Her entire store is so amazing. I wasn't sure if I wanted to wear all neutrals with the pants or add some color, but clearly I chose color with this cardigan, and added the blazer to help make me look extra Teacher-professional because the prof came in to observe our class.
I also wore this headband to distract from the fact that I hadn't spent much time or effort on my hair. It's amazing and I wear it about once a week so look forward to seeing it again. Instead of this headband, I briefly wore Will Best's Newsboy Cap (he wears it to look like JT), and it really completed the golf look. But, tragically, he wouldn't let me wear it home for photo documentation.

Pants: Ann Taylor's The Loft
Sweater: Mango
Blazer: Target
Necklace, Etsy, Japonicas shop, Present from Mom and Dad
Shoes: Value Village
Socks: Borrowed from Erin

1 comment:

  1. Um, I'm not signed in but I'll still comment anyways...

    Is that a LOCKET necklace? How FUN!

    ReplyDelete