Saturday, March 13, 2010

Playing catch-up

Sucess! I found the necessary technology to post daily pictures once more. Today, I cuffed some dress pants to match with argyle socks and oxfords, but I thought instead of posting that picture now, I would post the one from Wednesday today and then the one from today tomorrow. Okay? Okay. This outfit features two of my most worn pieces: my high-collar button down and my corduroy vest. Intrigued?
I know what you're thinking, and you're right, this outfit is pretty normal looking. It's actually one of my go-to's. I just bought these jeans a few weeks ago and they are an amazing fit. I love wearing them with my black riding boots - a day after Christmas major score - and like I said, the shirt and vest are both in the running for most worn pieces in my wardrobe. The paring of vests and boots always seems a little bohemian to me (a clear sign that my style is far from the hippie-dippy) so I thought this turquoise bracelet would complement that subtle look nicely.
Details! The inside of this vest is amazing. I know what you're thinking, and, yes, I have tried to wear it inside out, but it just doesn't quite work. The buttons on this shirt are my own addition and I think really elevated it from just another thrift store find to a really great piece. The shirt originally had those too-small, iridescent, slippery buttons, but I found these at Dress Sew in downtown Vancouver and thought they were a perfect match. I wore this shirt as part of my Dolly Parton Halloween costume, so I wanted a look that would match her aesthetic, but also work with my style. A little bit tacky, for me, is always a winner.
Jeans: Mojo, bought at Courtney in Kerrisdale, Vancouver (on major Olympic sale)
Shirt: Thrifted, St. Vincent DePaul in Latrobe, altered with Dress Sew buttons
Vest: Old Navy
Boots: Kohl's (Brand Uncertain)
Bracelet: Gifted by Mom and Dad
Photos taken by the gifted Jenna.

Look for the Friday outfit soon. xoxo Anna Rae

2 comments:

  1. Annie - I LOVE the boots. And who doesn't enjoy some surprise detail on the inside of a vest?
    And phew, so glad you found your technology.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That vest is FAN-FREAKING-TASTIC. I just died a little because it isn't mine.

    ReplyDelete