Saturday, March 13, 2010

An Open Letter to William Glasser...

Dear William Glasser,

You, sir, are a life ruiner. Okay, okay, maybe you aren't and maybe I'll admit that I actually think your theory makes sense. But let's face the facts, I need to learn all about you for an hour presentation on Tuesday. So let us rephrase my first sentence...I choose to let you ruin my life. See, I'm totally learning that it is my decision as to whether William Glasser ruins my life or not. I get it.

Today is the St. Patrick's Day celebration in Pittsburgh. And while I admit that I don't really enjoy drinking, my old roommate is in town and I only briefly saw her last night. Also, all my fun grad school friends are doing fun things like wearing shamrock tattoos and blinking four leaf clover jewelry. And while a sea of green clothing and epileptic shock inducing accessories are usually not acceptable, today they most certainly are and I'm missing out!

Fortunately, one of my cool grad school friends and one of her roommates came over and gave me the motivation (by way of two green pudding shots. Thanks Laura and Patti!) to really buckle down and get started on this presentation. I may be frazzled for the next couple of days (I also have a presentation on Monday, but after that, my semester is pretty much smooth sailing) so I will refrain from posting my unfortunate looking sweatpants that I will most certainly (definitely) be lounging around in this weekend. Let's hope Anna has better luck at Target than the current state of my wardrobe.

Until tomorrow. Libby

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous3/18/2010

    Libby,

    I am a certified reality therapist, and did my training in front of Dr. William Glasser himself. If you need help let me know.

    The pasta maniac, Mark

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Pasta Maniac Mark! I'm so glad you've taken a look at our site!

    OMGGG that is soo cool!!! So you are one of the over 75,000 people who have been trained in Reality Therapy that I mentioned in my presentation. We can discuss our thoughts over Easter break when we most certainly drink some wine on the patio. Thanks for offering to help - but on the plus side, I got an A on presentation already!!

    ReplyDelete