Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Laziness and Tights

Okay, I apologize for lacking on the posts lately. Yesterday was my last day of work (I put in my two weeks notice earlier in the month, and phew, it's a load off my shoulders) but it was kind of hectic trying to get my desk organized and to give things to the appropriate people to get the work done. And believe me, I could've used those two weeks to devote to my desk alone - it was a horrendous mess and I was shocked when I actually saw that it was made out of wood, I hadn't seen it in so long. But then class the past two days went late and I was exhausted. (Even though it was very eye-opening last night. Halli, a drug counselor in Punxsutawney came to talk to our class and let's just say what kids are doing as far as drugs these days is SCARY. Just google "jenkem." I dare you to not be scared for your (unborn) children. It's not an urban legend, and it exists especially in rural areas. Culture shock much, Vancouverites?)

So instead, I will address a question raised by faithful reader Amanda:
Speaking of legwear, I know that you dig tights, but what about leggings? How do you feel when people wear them as pants? Taking it a step further, I heard about jeggings today (jeans that are leggings). What are your thoughts on those?

Well, Amanda, I'm glad you asked that question. Anna and I may not agree on mixing patterns, but we definitely agree on wearing tights or leggings as pants: wrong.Wrong.WRONG. I do dig tights, with appropriate legwear, though. Tights with shorts or skirts or a long enough dress is completely acceptable in my opinion. However, tights or leggings are not okay with a shirt because, hey, they aren't pants! Think about it this way - if you can wear your skirt or dress without leggings, then it's okay to wear them with in order to spice up your outfit, or to get more wear out of your clothing in the winter months. Hey, I wore shorts in winter but was warm enough because of tights.

However, if you wouldn't walk out of the house because your butt would be hanging out if you weren't wearing tights, then don't do it - nobody wants to see your lady bits. Then again, Fantasia Barrino, your house was in danger of being foreclosed, so maybe you couldn't afford pants. What's somebody else's excuse? Yeah, I'm looking at you, Sienna Miller. True, Sienna, perhaps you were too busy being a home wrecker to stop at the Pants Store. Or maybe you were too busy hating on Pittsburgh (That Nick Nolte picture at the bottom is just a bonus). But whatevs, Sienna, Pittsburgh hates you, too....Jerk. And by the way, false, I was in many a bars when I was underage and it wasn't that hard. Uh, you know, I was sipping water and diet cokes, that's it. Honest.

Anyways, let's move on to something with which I agree - Jeggings. They are SO comfy, people. And while I don't own any because of how hideous my thighs look in them, they are a pretty fantastic invention. Jeans that incorporate the comfort of cottony goodness - Perfection. So, if you have nice, non-jiggly thighs, or find a super flattering pair of jean leggings, please buy a pair - and let me know where you found them.

3 comments:

  1. Jeggings, Libby, really? Jeggings?

    This is yet another issue where we disagree. While I'm not the biggest believer in fashion before function (I never ever wear heels), I think that pants need some structure. It's why they're there. If you want to feel loosey-goosey, wear a skirt or a dress.

    What are your thoughts on meggings?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jeggings aren't loosey-goosey..they're structured like skinny jeans, just a nicer material. They come with zippers, buttons and pockets. I mean you can't get trouser jeggings, but they are available in skinny jean form.

    Meggings? I feel the same way about meggings as I do guys in dresses - put on some pants.

    ReplyDelete
  3. They are still loosey-goosey. Anything with that much spandex should not be worn above mid-thigh exposed, unless you're playing volleyball. And I think we can both agree that neither of us should be playing volleyball.

    ReplyDelete