Saturday, April 3, 2010

Back on the Homefront.

You may notice something different about these pictures that isn't just that I'm standing on my back deck, but the order of the photos is backwards. Well, I'm updating from the home computer and don't really understand how to move them around on here. Oh well, the piecing together of the whole outfit will just be a little mystery until the very end.

The Great Mystery of Anna's first outfit of Easter Break: I needed an outfit for Good Friday Service (which is why it's slightly more calm than my other ones), visting at Grammy's and dinner with my parent's at their every Friday restaurant, Valozzi's. The skirt, starring in the picture below, is the best part of the outfit, so I guess that it's fitting that it's first. Also note the grey cluth with a ruffle, a Christmas present from AlyWebb that I received on Tuesday (of course, because that is how timely we are with gifts). It's so fantastic. I took it to church only to hold my sunglasses and some (completely unnecessary for church) lip gloss. My mother made fun of me when realizing I was carrying it around for absolutely no reason.
I know what you're thinking and you're right, this bow is amazing. I wish all of my skirts had big bows on the front of them. Because my mother is, well, my mother, and not a professional photographer, she neglected to tell me to pull the skirt up the whole way, so it's a little slouchy in this picture and makes my shirt look a little blousey. The skirt actually sits a little higher and the shirt is quite tucked in. But we can all imagine that tiny adjustment.
I bought these beautiful, flowered shoes to go with my Easter dress, so you'll see them again this weekend, and have been patiently not wearing them in Vancouver so they wouldn't get ruined before the holiday. But now I can wear them and they are just so pretty and springy. Horray.
Even though I tried to dress a little more church appropriate, pairing a plain white tshirt and nude tights with a not that crazy skirt, I still managed to sneak in the multiple necklaces and flower headband. Authenticity, man, authenticity.
Ta-da, that was an outfit reveal worthy of What Not to Wear. Also, note the landscape -- my backyard. Welcome to Western, PA, kids. Hopefully, I manage to take a in-the-middle-of-the-street photo and you can get a real sense of the neighborhood.
I'm so happy to be back to daily blogging. My Wednesday outfit was just a knock-off of what I wore to Granville Island, and although I try and look nice for plane rides home since they almost always involve meeting my brother and his fiance for dinner after my parents pick me up at the airport, I still looked like I was in transit for 12 hours.
Skirt: Purr on South Granville (also a $10 steal)
Shirt: Charlotte Russe
Tights: the Bay
Headband: Walmart
Shoes: Target
Necklace: Japonicas (Etsy seller) and a Spanish jewelry store
Clutch: Gifted, AlyWebb
Tomorrow is Pasta Making Day at home, but if I can escape the flour-covered kitchen, and let's face it, I probably can, since I have little to do with anything being made in there, I'll try to document another blog-worthy outfit. xoxo Anna Rae




1 comment:

  1. You look fantastic! And so does Western PA... it looks so sunny and warm! Yesterday there was a giant wind/rainstrom here and it was so gross-- not a cute shoe in sight.

    ReplyDelete