Thursday, April 8, 2010

Let's Go Pens!

Okay, I know I apologize a lot on this site for being lazy and not posting and whatnot, but for reals, sorry I've been so lazy with posts. Listen though, I don't have a job anymore so really, I'm kind of bumming around a lot. Mondays and Tuesdays are big days for me because I have to get ready for class. And this Monday I didn't have any classes because I go to a lovely Catholic university and they rationalize giving us days like All Saints Day and Easter Monday off...suckas!! [Being struck down by lightning...] Hey, listen, I learned to pray the rosary...once. (There's a picture somewhere that Anna's mom took when Anna taught me to pray the rosary in 8th grade or something. Perhaps someday I'll do a flashback post on that. Hilarity. I distinctly remember kneeling in her parent's bedroom and basically flopping on the floor from boredom. Anna of course looked all pious. Pfft.)
So here's my outfit. And no, readers, I didn't take this "only-to-the-knee" photo shoot opportunity to not wear shoes - I'm wearing the studded Steve Madden flats...honest. But this outfit is mainly limited to the distinct color palette of black, white and gray - hey, I'm not complaining! But I went to the last regular season game of the Penguins (on to the playoffs next week after two more away games), and Mellon Arena's last regular season game (on to becoming a parking lot) - it was a thing of beauty. I would have worn an actual Penguins shirt, but every other game I've been to this season and worn a Pens shirt - they lost. The last game I went to, I wore just their team colors and they won. Soooo, street clothes it was. (Either that is their good luck charm, or Jocelyn was their bad luck charm...sorry, Joce, the proof is in their record)
So, next year the Pens move to Consol Energy Center and hopefully they can christen the new arena by raising another Stanley Cup banner. What? This site isn't about sports...it's about fashion and what we're wearing? ...Crap, sorry for boring you there. But hey listen, it could have been worse - I could've gone on another William Glasser rampage again.

So, like I was saying before I got hockey sidetracked, I went for a bland, yet put together look. I mean, you never know when Jordan Staal is going to stop playing, look in the stands and see me looking all cute and insist we start dating right then and there, right? (Right?) So, I went for a white tee, go-to blazer and scarf - Not only was it chilly this evening, but that arena gets cold and drafty. Maybe tomorrow I won't be such a bum and get dressed and do something worthwhile...wait, what's that? Yeah, I don't think hell freezing over is in the forecast, either, so it'll probably be a Flashback Friday sort of day.

Until tomorrow. Libby

Jeans and black tank: Express
T-Shirt: Old Navy
Scarf: Nordstrom BP
Ring: H&M

No comments:

Post a Comment