Thursday, April 8, 2010

The Neverending Story...of Winter

After spending the weekend home is glorious 89 (31!) degree weather, waking up this morning in cold, rainy, dreary Vancouver was a harsh shock of reality. Luckily, I had a new, adorable hat from AlyWebb to keep me warm and motivate me to get dressed, even if I had to bundle up the sundress with a sweater and two pairs of tights. Two! It's so cold. Okay, one pair was a fishnet, so maybe they didn't add any extra warmth. Intrigued?

I'm a bit hesitant about posting these pictures because, despite Erin's artistic skills (look at that reflection in the banister), these pictures are grainy and a little yellow. I miss natural lighting.
Basically, this hat is awesome and I really wanted to showcase it. To make the hat really part of the outfit and not just outerwear, I tried to really work it into the color scheme, as purple was the only real color I wore - mixing it with denim and black and white.
To winterize the outfit, I wore my black fishnets over my purple tights, hoping that from close-up they would seem more interesting and from far away they would darken the bright purple. Everyone complimented my tights and didn't realize that they were layered, so I consider them a great success!

Hat: Gifted, AlyWebb
Dress: Charlotte Russe
Cardigan: Jacob
Purple Tights: We Love Colors
Fishnets: the Bay
Shoes: Thrifted, Value Village
Earrings: A store in London...? I forget which, but I do know they were on sale for 3 pounds.

Hopefully the weather will start reflecting the Spring I want -- Sundresses, sandals, and sunglasses Spring! xoxo Anna Rae


5 comments:

  1. Have you tried the fishnets from We Love Colors? I see that you have on the purple ones and I think that some fishnets in teal would look great with this too! Even their royal. I love the look of tights with fishnets. I sometimes wear the crochet ones with tights and a pair of shorts. They look really nice with boots if you want to try something daring. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the suggestion! That is such a good idea, I would love a teal fishnet. I haven't tried the We Love Color fishnets yet, but I'm sure they're great since fishnets are so prone to tearing and We Love Color tights are so indestructible. I don't have a pair of crochet tights but I really want some white ones for my sundresses and the blue and white skirt from AE.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You know how I love colored crocheted hats as evidenced by my bright pink one so I definitely need to borrow this. Also, I really like the illusion of the fishnets over plain tights...I never would have though to do that.

    And, let us comment on how I love that TJ is now following us.

    ReplyDelete
  4. ...If only it was Andrew. Sigh.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous4/12/2010

    LOVE this outfit anna!!! <3

    ReplyDelete