Saturday, April 24, 2010

the LBD


As you may have noticed, I love a reason to dress up, and last night was, sadly, Jenna's Going Away Dinner, but, on a happier note, a perfect reason to wear my favorite Little Black Dress and curl my hair.

Although I'm pretty much a tend junkie, I very wisely chose a pretty standard dress for my closet about 6 years ago when shopping for something to wear for my Freshman year Homecoming. 6 years running and this is still my favorite thing in my whole closet. It's just interesting enough that it looks like something I would wear -- imagine how unusual I'd look in a plain black dress with no ruffles or wide waist bands -- but calm enough that I can wear it to multiple dressy occasions in any season for years and years and years (as I've been doing).

This dress is probably the closest I'll come to a flapper dress, so I thought I'd play up the idea with a super long necklace. Also, I liked the idea of adding some color to the outfit and dressing it down a little, instead of my normal go-to jewelry for fancier occasions.
These are my favorite tights, and although I don't know if they are the Rodarte for Target tights or just Kohl's version of that, I'm going to pretend that they indeed are Rodarte for Target. And a picture of my lovely umbrella -- a Vancouver staple.
Dress B.Moss
Neckalce: Gifted, AlyWebb (with an additional chain added)
Tights: Rodarte for Target (well, that or Kohl's)
Shoes; AE

Dressing up all by yourself isn't fun and always makes you feel a bit strange. So, I thought I'd include a few pictures of Erin -- also posing with the produce -- and Jenna, since we all looked so beautiful last night.

Look how the guest of honor wore such a great floral with bright colors. As one should as the center of attention.
I realize this is a bit of an Erin reveal -- and before her great style profile -- but, if you're going to see an early look of Erin's, it should be when she is wearing a great pattern, one resembling Victorian wallpaper, a bit of backcombed hair, and some great shoes. Also, she's quite the model.

xoxo Anna Rae


2 comments:

  1. Your hair looks so pretty and shiny!!!

    And sometimes I wish you didn't refuse to wear heels because they would look so nice with this dress.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also wish I didn't refuse heels. Sigh. I'm just so scared of falling.

    ReplyDelete