Monday, April 26, 2010

Happy Hours and Tator Tots

So you know what a mean joke is? Well, I'll tell you. Let us imagine the scene: Walk into Happy Hour at Station Square and (awesome!) get handed a coupon for a free plate of loaded tots! I LOVE loaded tots. What are they you ask? Imagine tots, plus heaven and those, my friends, are loaded tots. Oh, and don't forget to add cheese. Anyways, we read that you had to order food in order to get the free loaded tots...done and done. I love food. So I ordered a quesadilla and tots. Well guess what? Free loaded tots weren't available during happy hour. Loaded tots FAIL. I guess that was the little part on the card that said "Some restrictions may apply." Woof.
But I digress. So for happy hour, I grabbed this shirt from my closet. It was gorgeous weather on Friday (when I took the pictures...sorry I didn't post then, but Dateline was more important) and Laura and I sat outside and wrote papers on the back patio. Apparently, I got some sun so excuse the pink chest. How fun is this plant, though? It matched my shoes! I love these shoes - they're so comfortable. Once again, I believe I bought them freshman year of college.
But let us just look at how pretty the detail in this shirt is. It was a birfday present from the roomies for the 20th(?) birthday I believe. They have good taste. Actually, Jocelyn picked it out. She has good taste.

Until tomorrow. Libby

Shoes: Steve Madden
Jeans and Black Tank: Express
Shirt: Kimchi & Blue gifted by the roomies
Necklace: Aerie
Sunglasses: Marc by Marc

PS - How NOT amused am I in that first picture? Maybe now you guys understand why I usually (always) crop my face out of photos
PPS - The Pens won on Saturday night to advance to the next round of playoffs with a little help of superstitious mid-game costume changes by nearly everyone who was watching with me. Anything to help.

4 comments:

  1. Your feet look really tiny in that shoes and jeans combo... not that your feet usually picture big or anything... I mean, they're not Baby's giant feet. Hehe.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh little girl of mine---SMILE--and the shoes are great!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous4/26/2010

    MMMMmmmm...I LOVE the tots. I'm gonna have to recommend the Crispy Crowns, if you haven't tried them already. This reminds me of a podunk/nowhere bar that used to serve "Sloppy Tots" aka "Tater Joes"...picture this--a bed of tots smothered in Sloppy Joe meat then covered with cheese. My arteries are hardening just thinking about it. Lub-dub, lub-dub.

    Michael Cunningham
    FORMER Employee of NCC

    ReplyDelete
  4. Michael - Wait, What?? What's going on?? I don't have your personal email address anymore - Email me soon!!! You can just use thetightsthatbind@gmail.com and I'll see it!

    And mom - see, that's why I crop myself out. I can't help but awkward/skeptically smirk.

    Amanda - Thanks! Especially because my feet never look small. Hehe. Maybe someday Baby and I will share shoes.

    ReplyDelete