Thursday, April 15, 2010

Long lost Watson twin?

Sometimes, I just want to dress exactly like Jenny Lewis. I'm not sure if I exactly succeeded today, but I think I came close. Maybe more Acid Tongue than Rabbit Fur Coat, but not nearly as cool as she is here.
The belt, a classic Value Village find, really helped to make this look more interesting than the usual sundress with a cardigan outfit. Also, the boots have made a return! I sometimes forget just how much I love a slouchy boot, a cowboy boot, or anything resembling either of those options. But, as you can probably tell, it's a lot.
I often wear this cardigan backwards because it's so off-the-shoulder that it looks less strange as a boat-neck sweater with a deep-V back and it's hard to pull off when worn as one normally wears cardigans - over short-sleeves shirts or button-downs. The sweater over the sundress look is pretty perfect, though. When I first bought this sweater I would wear with a long, black and white hippie skirt that I wore as a strapless dress. Speaking of, are hippie skirts still in style, because I might still be in love with them?

When you try and dress like an indie folk singer, you realize you need some good accessories. I bought these sunglasses in London, and while they certainly aren't the most face-flattering pair that I own, they are absolutely the coolest. The jewelry -- the amazing bracelet that I save for special, bohemian occasions and earrings made from coconut wood -- are just the kind of things you wear when it's sunny and warm outside.

Speaking of lovely Spring weather, today was the first day of the season where I went tightless. A bold but exciting move, I'd say.
This white trench, bought on my first (okay, out of two) trip to Paris is a favorite to pull out of the closet after a dreary, grey winter. When I wear it with these glasses, I always feel like a 1970s housewife emerging on an affair. I need a really glamorous shift dress in muted greens and yellows to really complete the look, though.

Coat: Some store in Paris (I'm so annoying, I know)
Dress: Target
Belt: Value Village
Boots: Shoe Warehouse in Kits
Sunglasses: Top Shop
Earrings: Market in Belize
Bracelet: Gifted, Mom and Dad's trip to San Diego

Tomorrow is my last day of class, ever (well, for a year at least). I haven't decided whether I should dress extremely scholarly or extremely American, since it's an American lit class. Such suspense! xoxo Anna Rae

3 comments:

  1. I like this outfit very much!

    ReplyDelete
  2. you are gorgeous. and fabulous. i'm going to stalk you every day.

    ReplyDelete