Thursday, April 15, 2010

Baseball and Apple Pie

Lady Liberty thinks that I did a really good job commemorating my last American Literature class with some red, white, and blue and my last day as a keener student with the ladies who lunch staples. And when Lady Liberty talks, you listen.
This skirt, clearly the most exciting part of the outfit because it's new, is actually a dress that I've tucked down to wear as a skirt. I bought the dress at Gabes because it was only $2, but it's actually not really appropriate for most situations, except maybe over a bathing suit or with a tank top underneath. Still, it's always best to have a costume in case you're invited to a last minute Giligan's Island party, and let me tell you, with a little back-combing and some hair ribbons, this is the perfect Mary-ann.
I really love these two pictures, how the wind is puffing out my skirt in the above one, and how I'm clearly laughing in the bottom. Good job Mike Stewart, today's photographer, good job capturing such small moments of loveliness.
I paired the skirt with my white fishnets, which are really just second best to the white crochet tights that I'd really like to buy from We Love Colors along with a pair of teal tights and maybe some more fishnets and a pair of red tights, since I always think I own them, and get disappointed when I can't find them. But, white crochet tights, they are first on the list.
And as a small detail surprise, the flower on my flats matches the flower on my blazer, which clearly means someday I'll have to wear the two with the grey-flowered headband. Someday.

Dress as Skirt: Gabes, originally Urban Outfitters
Blazer: Gifted by Mom, AE
Shirt: Jacob
Flats: Next in London
And I have no idea where the tights are from.

Now that my life as a Masters student is almost complete, I'll have to find new motivation to dress everyday. I have a feeling the outfits might just get a little crazier. xoxo Anna Rae

No comments:

Post a Comment