Thursday, April 22, 2010

Academic defeatism

It was only moderately sunny out today, but I didn't even try to open my eyes -- or stand up straight or look pleasant. That's what happens during the end of term.
Basically, in order to inspire myself to be studious and productive, I wore glasses, a polo shirt, and a sweater vest. Add some pearl earrings and tweed flats -- could you do anything else but study? I think the plan worked a little too well because by the time these photos were taken, I was tired.

Shirt: Thrifted, Value Village
Sweater Vest: Gina Tricot
Skirt: AE
Tights and Headband: Walmart
Shoes: Gifted, Aero originally
Earrings: Gifted

Hopefully these posts will be more energetic soon. xoxo Anna Rae

5 comments:

  1. I'm pretty sure you were sleep posing in those pictures. haha.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm pretty sure my grandfather wore this exact outfit from the waist up, in 1994 when he was 77. He had a love for pastels and probably bought his glasses at Singer Specs, too.
    But finals are almost over - hang in there!!! The end is in sight (if you can hopefully manage to keep your eyes open for them...get some sleep!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Listen, if it's good enough for Pap pap, It's good enough for me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Unfortunately, it was my less stylish, but equally as lovable, grandfather, Pop.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, the mysterious McCarthy side of the family (Hey Ben Downs!). I have honestly never considered that you've had grandparents that weren't Pap Pap, as he is enough awesomeness for all grandparental needs.

    ReplyDelete