Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Like Dec. 26

Not December 26 as in Boxing Day, but December 26 as the day after Christmas, when all the excitement is gone and nothing different or surprising is going to happen. The day of leftovers (and no birthdays). Well, that's kind of what my outfit is today. As Mike Stewart, today's photographer, asked: How, after the magic that was yesterday's outfit, do you dress, knowing you can't top it? You fall back onto basics. Each piece of this outfit is simple, but I think they've created a pretty interesting, although much calmer, look.
This cardigan is old, so old that it might be a bit misshapen and so old that it's featured in some high school photographs, but it's still one of my favorites. It's simple enough in its solid, earth-toney color, but just interesting enough with some sequins and beads around the color.
Plaid tights! I think this skirt is best thing I've paired them with yet. I really like how from far away they just look navy. You really need to pay attention to pick up on the plaid.
I bought these beads when I was in Thailand and I think they're so great, but I have a hard time wearing them. I liked the way they looked next to the beads and sequins on the cardigan, though. A small burst of details.

Cardigan: AE
Skirt: AE
Tights: Kohl's
Shoes: Thrifted, Value Village
Necklace: Market in Thailand

I hope this completely sane and normal post wasn't too disappointing. And if it was -- distract yourself with the construction. xoxo Anna Rae

2 comments:

  1. Man, could you imagine having a birthday on Boxing Day? A day of leftovers? Woof.

    Also, remember how Melissa tried arguing with me how I stole her birthday, and then I tried to reason with her about how it she was the one stealing MY birthday since she was born after and it was all very mature? Yeah, not exactly a high point in my life.

    ReplyDelete
  2. No trespassing! I pick the best settings.

    Great outfit too, natch.

    ReplyDelete