Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Little Edie

This completely magical outfit post is fully indebted to Erin as she found this new exhibition in the library and because she gave me the wonderful coat, as she now thinks it's one of the more ridiculous pieces of her high school wardrobe (Did I seriously need to use spell-check to figure out how to spell wardrobe? Finals are melting my brain).
I'm slowly realizing just how much this blog is influenced by Erin because she also found this skirt for me at the Kerrisdale Salvation Army - which Vancouverites must known is the best Salvation Army. Since I haven't really worn anything else in the past three days, I'm pretty sure it's going to be a staple of my summer wardrobe.
I really liked the idea of the only color in my outfit being red lipstick, as lipstick is my new obsession. I relied on some of my favorite blacks: the tights, the tweed flats, and plain tank top so I could wear my new favorite necklace. Pearl and lace! The novelty is still going strong. A few of the kids at school told me I was looking extra classy, a lovely compliment, but the addition of the coat made me look a bit crazy. A little Grey Gardens, an idea which I also love.
Oh, hey, Little J legs. I don't think I'll ever love a pair of tights as much as I love these. Speaking of Little J, why is one the early plot points tonight that Nate can't see Jenny as anything other than a younger sister? Wasn't it just last season that he was making out with her at her renegade fashion show? But, let's focus, the tights are still amazing.
Skirt: Thrifted by Erin, Salvation Army, Kerrisdale
Coat: Vintage, Hand-me-down from Erin
Shirt: Talbots, Hand-me-down from Mom
Tights: Kohl's: I just did some close-up comparisons with Tavi's blog when she wears her Rodarte for Target tights, and mine are certainly different. I still love them all the same.
Shoes: AE
Necklace: Main Street boutique
Art: Fight Club (2005), Less Than Zero (2005), Douglas Coupland
And now time to return to Grey Gardens to feed my cats and raccoons. xoxo Anna Rae

3 comments:

  1. Anonymous4/27/2010

    oooo, we're dealing with a staunch character!! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vWEeJbuF3bM

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes! Great clip. I can't wait until you and Daniel preform as Little and Big Edie.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wish I had this giant Scrabble board!...in my room....as my wallpaper...and possibly floor.

    ReplyDelete