Monday, April 19, 2010

Old Dogs and New Tricks.

Well, first of all this past weekend was really good. I got to spend time with my brother and sister-in-law, and the weather was much more pleasant than it apparently was up here in Pittsburgh. I nearly beat my brother at golf, but on the last hole choked while putting and let history repeat itself to add another performance when I completely let my game get away. Woof. Other than that, they fed me extremely well because they are such amazing cooks - they even sent me home with some grub :). Um, and also I found out my brother's friend went on a date with ..... !!!!! Too lazy to click on my links? Well, it's Pinsky from Salute Your Shorts, or whatever punk ass band he's known for today. My brother's friend said he was a punk ass...and really short so zing, Pinsky. If she didn't want short though, maybe she should have opted for this Salute Your Shorts Alum.
Now that I'm back in the 'Burgh, the sun was deceptively chilly. It was in the high 50s when I had to leave for class today, so I threw on my raincoat. Speaking of class, the semester is almost over. Holy shit this semester flew by. Graduation is a mere year and a 1/2 away - December 2011 here I come!
I now want to discuss this trench of mine. It is old. Really, really, old. So old, that I bought it the summer before going to college - for you fellow mathletes out there, it's 5 years old. I've been going back and forth with friends as to whether I should get rid of this coat and replace it with a new, stylish khaki trench, or a beloved white trench I've always wanted (but then practicality sets in and I realize how dirty I would most likely get a white trench). However, I quit my job and so now I don't shop. So this coat lived to see another year.
But what I've found is that every single time I wear it, people compliment me. Friends, classmates, strangers, you name it. People LOVE this coat. I don't remember how much it was , but it was on sale for super cheap when I bought it, and therefore it is probably one of my most successful pieces. Even the lining is fun! Does the lining of this jacket count as me attempting at mixing patterns? Because it's pretty much all the more daring I'm going to get with that trend - I'll leave that to Anna on this blog. But I will continue to wear this coat's little heart out and possibly never get rid of it - I'm glad I realized that even though it's old, I don't need to replace it with a new one.

Shoes: Steve Madden
Jeans and Trench: Express
Sweater: American Eagle

Also, know that because I was running late for class, I left that bag of garbage/cans at the bottom of the steps in Picture #1...laziness at it's finest, much like my gas meter post.

3 comments:

  1. OMG, He is not from some punk ass band he is from RILO KILEY and until the release of, um, Executioner of All Things, I think, he dated Jenny Lewis.

    The Jenny Lewis. That's right, Ms. Autumn Strickland. I can't believe you bad mouthed him.

    Also, no reference to his role as a lackey on Boy Meets World?

    p.s. Love the trench. Love colorful lining.

    ReplyDelete
  2. See, I've heard of Rilo Kiley, but the rest of that sentence means nothing to me (I only remembered we used Jenny Lewis as a Life Spouse Card after you mentioned Ms. Autumn Stickland).

    Also, if I were to mention Pinsky as the lackey on Boy Meets World, it would have been a page long blog post because the conversation that I had with my brother and sister-in-law about the whole situation was probably a 5 minute non-stop conversation relating pop culture references of our youth (re: Salute Your Shorts, Boy Meets World, Plot Holes, Saved by the Bell, Full House and it probably ended somewhere with WWF). Therefore, I edited myself for the good of the blog.

    But yes, know that I love him for his role with Frankie as a lackey on Boy Meets World, too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. As a pseudo music elitist I agree with Anna in saying that he indeed is NOT from a punk ass band. I have always enjoyed this trench, it's so cheerful.

    P.S. WHERE did that bag of no-frills beer come from???

    ReplyDelete