Monday, April 5, 2010

It's not Friday, but let us Flashback anyways....

How cute am I? Srsly, I'm freaking adorable. And stylish. And cocking my head like a dog that just doesn't quite understand. "Here Libby. Libby! Look here. Okay, now sit. Siiiit. Libby! Sit. Okay, now smile. Yes. Good girl." Yup, just like a dog. But really, nautical is so in right now and I'm so glad my style transcends the ages.

So this is my kindergarten school picture - I was 5. My bob is, well, bowl-cut-like, right? I mean, I know I went to Studio 30 and got this cut intentionally. I mean, my hair was LONG and I remember going to my hairdresser, (shoot, what was her name? I loved her. Mom, a little help here, please) and asking for this cut. My "bangs" are just so short.

Also, I remember this outfit and loving it. It was a one piece dress - so comfortable. And apparently I was a little brat and insisted that I would not wear pants - only dresses. My mom does a classic impression of when we would go shopping and I would be all hand on hip, "Mummy, I will not wear pants, only dresses!" Ugh, I would've left me in the store. Or been all "Libby, stay. Staaaaaay. Okay, heel. Now try on these pants. Libby! Put on these pants. Now. [Cue head cock]. Gooood girl."

Funny story. When I was younger, my hair was pretty blonde. While sitting in church my mom asked (rhetorically, I suppose, but I answered anyways because at the age of around 5, who even understands the meaning of rhetorically?) where my blonde hair came from? Well my dad's mom, Granny, had blonde hair, so I said "Granny." Apparently that was the funniest thing ever because my Granny did not come by her blonde hair naturally. How scandalous! (If my mom wanted a good answer, maybe she shouldn't have asked a 5 year old, all the while distracting precious little me during church of all places.) Tsk tsk, mother. :)

One last thing - let us notice how my lips have not grown since that age of 5 - try putting chapstick on when even blistex is too wide. Or try losing sight of your top lip when you smile or close your mouth. Actually, now that I look at it, I think my lips may have shrunk. Awesome. Maybe you would notice, too, if I ever dared to show my face on this site....don't hold your breath, readers. It's not happening anytime soon.

Until tomorrow. Libby

Dress: Somewhere cute, obviously.

3 comments:

  1. omg i forgot her name but i will go on a quest to remember!! yes, bangs were short but how uneven were they!!!! did i actually let you leave and not complain--obviously i did. poor excuse for a mom that day.this is one of your dads favs--me, i loved the long curly styles the best. the dress---classic libby!! xoxoxxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous4/06/2010

    I think it's fun that at the age of 5 you wanted to cut all of your long hair off and liberate yourself for kindergarten. How progressive.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So adorable!!! It was great seeing you on Sunday Libby and you were a very pretty flight attendant!!!

    ReplyDelete