Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Completely Constructed Domesticity

Look at me, so at home in the kitchen. Momma, I can hear you laughing from here. This is not my kitchen, as that is clearly full of library books and sunglasses and empty diet coke bottles that need to be recycled. This kitchen in the Asian Studies building (so, so much nicer than the Tower we live in, the one that was used as the Wolverine top secret government prison by only adding a fence at the bottom) inspired Doran, today's guest photographer, who recommended a "domestic goddess" (or something, I think he may have actually said diva, but that's pretty embarrassing) photo shoot.
Seriously, though, this outfit is a bit of a sassy June Cleaver, don't you think? June Cleaver if she hiked up her skirt and added some black tights?
The inspiration for this outfit was, really, the skirt's slight misfitting -- it's just the tiniest bit too big, so it doesn't sit as high as it should, which is the perfect opportunity to pull it up just a little too high and cinch it was a black belt.
In case you thought my legs were looking a bit weird, it's because my tights are polka-dotted! Yes! You have to fit those polka dots in wherever you can. I thought black would be a nice contrast with the very springy, very feminine colors of the skirt and cardigan.
Skirt: Thrifted by Erin, Salvation Army, Tahari
Cardigan: Old Navy
Tights: the Bay
Earrings: Gifted, AlyWebb
Shoes: AE

Judging from these pictures, I'm far more Kirsten Cohen than June Cleaver. And that's okay. xoxo Anna Rae

3 comments:

  1. I'm a fan of this outfit! You know how I love that silhouette.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your mom and I had a good laugh about this post on Saturday!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just talked to Mom on the phone and she said the same thing. I'm so famous among the family.

    ReplyDelete