Monday, April 19, 2010

Singing in the Overcast

Is that Gene Kelly? Oh no, it's just me.
This dress is one of my favorite Summer Dresses (the most important fashion category of them all). Anytime I think of something fun or memorable from last summer, it usually turns out that I was wearing this dress. Mostly because I loved this dress so I wore it to things that felt important, but also because this dress made things better.
Although I have a few color cardigans that work with the dress, it was pretty grey outside and my weather widget predicted rain, so I was sort of feeling the grey cardigan and black tights. I also didn't want to distract people's attention from the most glorious necklace of all time.
It's pearls and lace. Oh yeah, it's amazing. Yesterday I went on a small shopping excursion with Jill, girlfriend of sometimes blog fashion photographer Will Best, on Main Street where I found this amazing necklace. Because Main Street has one adorable boutique after another, I can't actually remember where I bought this. But, look for it anyway, because it's amazing.
Pearls, lace, and sweetheart necklines -- Spring is really the best time for incredibly feminine outfits.

Dress: H&M
Cardigan: Thrifted, St. Vincent de Paul, Latrobe, Zara
Necklace: Forgotten but beloved store on Main Street
Tights: Kohl's.

I didn't show my shoes because, as I mentioned before, I thought it would be raining today, so I wore my very worn and slightly broken flats that I don't mind being ruined in the rain. If I had known it would be sunny, I would have worn my tweed flats, for some elegant pattern mixing. Even I sometimes think of function over fashion, unfortunately. xoxo Anna Rae

1 comment:

  1. reading this blog. makes me feel like i get to see you everyday. its quite nice. :-)

    ReplyDelete