Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Shameless Remixing

I didn't know exactly why I wore this bow with outfit today,* but now I know it must have been, as B would want it, in anticipation of the return of Cyrus.
Despite my failure to make eye contact, I'm not at all ashamed about how I am really over-wearing this shirt. It's too warm for real Spring and who knows how popular the sailor/French girl look will be next year? Or pattern mixing? I better just wear it everyday while the trends last. Have I mentioned how I love a trend? I really, really do.
I bought this cardigan at full price from the Gap because I immediately fell in love as it was a floral and my two favorite colors, but afterwards was a little overcome with guilt that I bought this at the Gap for full price! I had a minor freak out and decided that I must wear this sweater once a week in order to be worth what I spent. The rule really influenced my jumping onto the mixing pattern bandwagon.
If you think I look a bit dressed down, you're absolutely right. It was Casual Monday for me today. Normally, I like to dress up for school, something that, aside from when I'm teaching, is actually completely unnecessary. I really love this casually mixed pattern, though, and have worn the outfit a few times -- weekends and evenings when it's too cold for the skirts I wore to school -- and I still find it delightful. I especially love the cuff at the bottom of the jean -- I just think it works so well with the shirt. Now I only need a bike with a basket.
If you wondering if we at the Tights that Bind splurged and bought a crane to take these wonderful pictures, you would be mistaken. Instead, Erin walked on the roof of Jenna's car to achieve the proper height, all in the name of fashion documentation. Speaking of Erin...
I didn't mean to do another sneak peek of Erin's shoes, but this photo of my flats turned out best and, besides, who doesn't love a purple flat?

Shirt: Gifted, Erin's giveaway
Cardigan: the Gap
Jeans: Mojo, bought at Courtney in Kerrisdale
Shoes: Target
Bow: Hot Topic

Well, Reader, I think we may have reached the point in the blog where you have already seen all of my clothes. Unlike most people who love fashion, I don't really wear that many different pieces of clothing. Instead, I choose to wear the same ones over and over, in slightly different and increasingly stranger ways. Hopefully that is just as entertaining. xoxo Anna Rae

*Actually, I'm pretty sure I wore the bow because the curls on one side of my head were looking a little weird, but isn't Gossip Girl related fashion just a little bit better than that?

4 comments:

  1. Anonymous4/13/2010

    love the gossip girl related fashion :)
    i also really like this outfit!! and i'm usually not one for pattern mixing!
    <3 Julie

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know how I feel about mixing patterns - but I'm with Julie on this one!

    Also, and I hate to disappoint, but Jocelyn was watching Gossip Girl last night so I sat there and watched it with her - it has gotten soooo bad. Derota (sp?) as an actual character? Talk about jumping the shark...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Libby, I almost used my editorial authority to delete that comment. Of course Dorota is an actual character -- she's been slowly building to her own plot line since Season 1.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just finished watching pirated GG and am so impressed with Dorota's hair!! It was not so different as to take her out of character, but still soft and pretty enough to allow another level of her *characterization* to be worked out.

    Also: love outfit post !!

    www.theacademicblogspot.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete