Saturday, April 17, 2010

Post-Nine-to-Five-ism.

So, now that my classes are officially over, and I will no longer see my former classmates in a professional setting, I thought an end of the year party would be a nice excuse to dress both way less professionally and much crazier. Loosely using Barbarella as a fashion icon, I wore the following.

First, I back-combed the hell out of my hair. I think it might never recover. I mean, it doesn't even fit in the frame. Then I wore, for maybe the first time in my life, red lipstick, and had Erin draw me some lovely cat-eyes.
The necklace went perfectly with lipstick. So much cooler of a look than I usually have. And let's just appreciate the cat eyes. After years of being either resistant or indifferent towards make-up, I think I'm finally understanding what all the fuss is about.

The sundress, another selection from personal shopper Erin, is adorable, but again, just a sundress. Why can't I ever wear just a sundress or just a skirt and cardigan or just jeans and a t-shirt? As always, I turned to belts and jewelry to help make the outfit more interesting. I doubled the belts, even though I probably could have just worn the top one, because I kind of liked the idea of a little bit of clutter since everything else about the outfit was pretty sleek.

The result, I hope, was just enough of a costume that it wasn't boring, but not too much that I looked completely insane. It's the balance I'm constantly trying to find.

Dress: Real Canadian Superstore, shopped for by Erin
Belts: Value Village
Shoes: Old Navy
Neckalce: Gifted by Erin

The party was just as much of a success as the outfit, mostly because Damon and Steph are such lovely hosts and English kids, when you get us away from our books and theories, can really be pretty rockin'. xoxo Anna Rae

No comments:

Post a Comment