Sunday, April 4, 2010

What did one rabbit say to the other rabbit?....

Happy Easter blog readers! I hope that the Bunny treated you well. I had a very nice day with family and friend's family. Who is this so called friend you ask? Well surprise everyone - Anna and I finally together!!

Today I started out with church - a little too early, a little too crowded but not too long, which was good. After that I looked through my (outdated) Easter basket (hint hint Mom, I want a cute one from Walmart next year like you got Amanda last year. But alas, that detail will be overlooked because I'll be bumped to the bottom of the totem pole once my neice arrives..."Oh but it's her first Easter, Libby! She needs a cuter basket more than you do!" I can hear my mother now...All Baby, all the time. Hehe) But anywho, my basket's contents was a success.

Then came dinner with my family - gnocchis, meatballs, ham and potato salad. Oh! And pickled eggs. I like pickled eggs and beets, mmm, so good. I enlightened all of my family with stories of Jenkem and other miscellaneous drug/alcohol habits that kids are doing these days. Have you all looked up jenkem yet, by the way? Srsly, do it. But not you young readers of course - Julie, I'm talking to you. But of course the conversation revolved around jenkem and other inappropriate topics - it wouldn't be a family dinner otherwise.
After that, I went to Anna's grandma's house where I was met with warm embraces...and Nick, her brother. "Libby, turn around and go home, there's the door." Oh I missed that Nicholas...NOT. Later, he hit me with a child's bat - watch out, Emily, I think he has anger problems. The rest of her family was hilarious and entertaining and fun as always. They fed me more food than I thought was possible and told me I looked like a flight attendant. (But a pretty flight attendant, right?) Srsly, though, I realized I kind of did. Awkward.
Also, they made me realize I need a boyfriend. This whole two dinners thing that I experienced today was A.MA.ZING. I'll use my future (imaginary) boyfriend's family for holiday dinners and desserts. This sounds full (fool) proof! But I did get an open invitation from the wonderful Aunt Donna to all holiday dinners, so get ready to compete, boys, and bring your dinner A game to lure me away from the Sarneso's.

I guess I'll talk about my outfit now - I'm obsessed with the ruffles on the back of the skirt. It's such a cute detail and very Peter Cottontail-y so how could I not wear this for Easter? Anna really seems to like the buckle on my shirt - I thought it was pretty insignificant, but I'll mention it anways. And our pictures are supposed to be corny, okay? But can we just quickly note how much I look like a giantess in the 1st and 4th pictures? Srsly, rough. And like Anna, I'm using my parent's computer, so I didn't understand how to order them - it's kind of backwards. And that mystery girl in some of the pictures? That's Anna's cousin, Julie. She's pretty cool and will someday be my cousin-in-law...after all, I'm marrying Anna's cousin, Andrew. He just doesn't know it yet.
So all, have a wonderful Easter and look forward to another joint post in June when Anna travels back to the States.
Until tomorrow. Libby

Shoes: Old Navy
Skirt: Anthropologie
Top: Express
Belt: Nordstrom
Sunglasses: Gifted from roommates

3 comments:

  1. I can't believe you didn't comment at all about how Romy and Michelle that one picture is. Also, you left my house too early and therefore missed watching the part in the Sound of Music, which was playing on ABC Family, where the kids are sad and sing Raindrops on Roses and then Maria comes back and sings it and runs to them and everyone's happy and they harmonize to ba-aa-ad together at the end. Classic.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Honey, we ALL fall to the bottom of the totem poll when Baby gets here. Inquiring minds (mine) want to know, what was in your Easter basket this year?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, Amanda, since you asked!...
    Clear nail polish, Reese's Peanut Butter Eggs (they are FAR superior to the cups. In fact, I love all holiday shapes - pumpkins, Christmas trees, eggs, you name it - Delicious.) Some blue raspberry licorice, scratch off lottery tickets (I wont $17! Woop woop!), monies, some candles, and scented hand soaps which smell delicious! All in all, it was pretty successful.

    http://briantabor.files.wordpress.com/2009/03/reesesegg-sm.jpg

    ReplyDelete