Wednesday, March 24, 2010

We're Homeless.

Funny story. Well, kind of funny but funny in a thank-goodness-the-worst-case-scenario-didn't-happen kind of funny. Let's just say it's a good thing Jocelyn and I don't smoke on the front porch and her friend Jared hasn't been over in awhile.
So after we got our horrendous monster winter wallop snowstorm and then the snow FINALLY melted, I noticed our gas meter leaning to one side and that it looked like the bracket has rust through. So my cousin/best friend checked it out and we didn't smell gas, and our handy neighbor Herb checked it out and didn't find anything wrong, but advised that we should contact our landlord last week. Yesterday when my roommate Jocelyn called the gas company, they came out to check the situation and boy did they find a death trap!
Apparently, gas WAS leaking as evidenced by three bubble spots when he sprayed a solution. So here we are, gasless, hot waterless, and heatless. If only this was last week when the weather was GORGEOUS and we didn't need the heat. So in lieu of an outfit post, I figured I would alert you to my situation. Don't worry readers, we're safe now and not unknowingly endangering the neighborhood. And thanks to Laura and her roommates, I have a bed and hot water. I'll get back to posting outfits soon - definitely this weekend for my sister-in-law's baby shower. That one will be a special post - You'll se why.

Until tomorrow. Libby

Gas Meter and Warning Tags: Equitable Gas
Leaves: Mother Nature
Old Garbage can lid: Our sheer laziness

2 comments:

  1. Oh no! This is very distressing -- good thing you'll soon be recuperating with me and the pasta maniac.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOLs! Aside from seeing your cute clothes everyday, BEST. POST. EVER. Well the last part. Lmao garbage can lid.

    ReplyDelete