Friday, March 12, 2010

Technology missing! Photos found!

Update: I still haven't found that memory card thing (reader? I don't know), and am wary that I may have to search the underwear/tights/socks/leggings/tanktops bin. Yes, that will be an endeavor. Luckily, I remembered that last week I had Will Best - no, seriously, I'm friends with someone named Will Best - snap a photo of me in a particularly lovely outfit. This was the outfit that I wore for my Tuesday presentation, to better compare and contrast my style with the Libster's. Or, perhaps, note the level of professional achieved through dressed required for the Humanities as opposed to the Social Sciences.I'm particularly proud of this outfit because as much as I love this skirt (it's one of my favorite pieces), I'm still struggling at finding the absolute best things to wear it with. The sweater that I'm wearing is a bit of a hand-me-down, and doesn't actually fit me. I had many failed attempts at trying to wear it without it seeming ridiculous that I owned it, but I think this is the first really hit. Note: Do not try to belt oversized sweaters at your natural waist, it only makes them sit awkwardly on your hips. I used this wider belt (also necessary) and belted it at my hips, created a dropped waist effect. Basically, the sweater will stay closer to your body this way, as it is cinched in at its fullest.The skirt is Rodarte for Target, and as you can see, both lace and tulle. In short, it is amazing. The quest for this and other pieces was pretty much like living in an Oscar Wilde-penned Comedy of Errors (like the Importance of Being Ernest, which I'm teaching tomorrow, look at how dedicated of a TA I am that these assignments carry over into the rest of my life). I was home for Christmas and none of the stores around me were carrying the clothes and when I called the Target stores religiously, no one had any idea what I was talking about. Finally, my mom had to drive me to a store about an hour away, 2 weeks after the line's debut, so I consider myself lucky in finding what I did.

When wearing such a feminine piece like that skirt, I try to do my best and balance it out with some more masculine pieces, which is why I think the mens sweater worked perfectly. I wore this beautiful necklace to give the sweater a focal point and ground it with some nice lines; both this necklace and the pale pink tights worked with the femininity of the skirt, while the shoes and sweater provided a nice contrast. Oh! The shoes -- these might be my favorite pair of shoes. I was the rudest girl in the world at a Value Village 50% off day when I was trying one on and the sweetest looking old man reached for the other. Did I offer him the shoes like I should have? No. I shouted, "I already have that shoe on!" before he even had a chance to touch it.

Skirt: Rodarte for Target
Sweater: Gifted (well not so much a gift as someone couldn't fit it in their suitcase when they moved away), but originally thifted, Value Village, I believe.
Tights: We Love Colors
Belt: Thrifted, Value Village
Shoes: Thrifted, Value Village
Necklace and earrings: Present from AlyWebb
Amazing leather purse: Souvenir present from Mom and Dad's trip to Rome

I'm disappointed that you can't really see my bag in this photo, but I will take some more photos of it because (besides the fact that I carry it around everyday) it's so lovely and the perfect size for books.

xoxo Anna Rae

No comments:

Post a Comment