Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Harriet the Spy and other mystery novels


Inspired by my new winter coat and trapped indoors by the rain, Erin and I took the sleuthiest of photos, with upturned collars and spying through stacks. Unfortunately, the pictures between stacks were ridiculous and only really of my face, ending up in the digital trash can. The detective theme doesn't really hold up when I'm not wearing the coat, but I think we can all pretend.

The dress is another Target purchase, one I think I'll get a lot of wear out of this summer. I paired it with tights and my strange but surprisingly versatile maroon blouse to work with the darker colors since it certainly isn't summer yet.
Maybe because it's the Monday before a break when my brain is focused on writing papers and marking essays, but this outfit required much less thought than my others. I guess if you really like your pieces, they do the work for you.
I still can't believe I found this coat for twenty dollars. Normally, I don't buy from vintage stores because it tends to be overpriced and takes away the fun of thrifting, but this was an epic find. I can't wait to wear it in the fall -- I have so many scarves I'm waiting to pair it with and I think it's just begging for a neutral tone beret.

Coat: Vintage, Mintage
Dress: Target
Blouse: Gabes
Tights: We Love Colors
Shoes: Thrifted, Value Village

xoxo Anna Rae

3 comments:

  1. that top photo is super gorge, Anna!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the coat!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well thanks ladies. I'm so lucky to have found this wonderful coat with its wonderful collar.

    ReplyDelete