Saturday, March 27, 2010

Baby Showers bring May Babies

A little back story before a different story. I'm full of stories. (My family would say I'm full of something else, but tough. They don't write this blog, I do.) So the other day I was going through the different fashion blogs I follow and checked out Jessica from What I Wore. Let us check out What I Found...Besides shock, I found basically the same.exact.outfit that I had planned to wear for my sister-in-law's Baby Shower today. How.Awkward. But then, Jessica's post two days later addressed my situation/feelings perfectly! It was not awkward that I planned on wearing something almost identical; as Annie reassured me, the outfit is totally adorable. I cannot wait to thank her for the support by faithfully reenacting "The Sound of Music," dog whistle and all.
Back to the present story. I love Love LOVE this skirt. The silhouette is totally 50s housewife (!!!) and Amanda, my sister-in-law, said that it looked like I should be pushing a vacuum around - hehe. I said I should also be cooking dinner (yeah, right, I don't cook - that's what my mother is for) and tending to the (non-existent) children. I love me some cinched waists. But srsly, I'm obsessed with this skirt and can't wait to style it with a more daring shirt or something and wear it to a picnic (who am I kidding, I've never gone on a picnic) or just to walk around in the summer.
So, like I said, it was my sister-in-law's baby shower today and let-me-to-you, this little girl is going to be adorable and spoiled and precious. She got so many cute outfits and the cutest little 2-piece bathing suit from Amanda's sister, Kim. Needless to say, my brother Michael is none too pleased with her. I swear, he's going to make Baby wear a turtleneck to the beach. Aaaaand, I'm totally stealing the baby when she's born and holding fashion shows when I go down to visit and convince Amanda to take a nap. An outfit a minute. Yep, that's my goal.
I also wore my lovely necklace that Amanda designed and while I technically like Jessica's shoes more than mine with the outfit, I like my necklace more. What do you guys think? And even though this picture is a little blurry at the top, I just liked the angle. And thanks to my mom - she did her best helping me to take my pics today :).

Shoes: Old Navy
Skirt: H & M
Top: Express

OH!!! And (one of) the best part(s) about this skirt - POCKETS. Perfection.

3 comments:

  1. You look so cute! I can't wait to see you pair this with your yellow tights.

    Also, I like your shoes better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I DEFINITELY like your necklace better and if others do too, they should checkout Amanda McCarthy Designs online at www.amandamccarthdesigns.com!

    (shameless plug)

    You don't need to fool me with naps (although that will probably be appreciated) in order to play fashion show with my daughter... I'll play right along!

    ReplyDelete
  3. super cute!! Love the skirt!

    ReplyDelete