Monday, March 15, 2010

Does she even HAVE other shoes?

Another day, another presentation. I'm almost free though. Today I have a presentation in my multicultural counseling class on Refugees. The only problem is, I haven't prepared for it. At all. And I'm not exaggerating, either. I've been focusing so much on William Glasser that this presentation has been placed on the back burner. I know about refugees so I'm hoping to succesfully wing it....or just have my professor be distracted by my cute sense of fashion that she won't listen to what I have to (or don't have to) say. (Do not fret, Mom, the presentation will go juuuust fine.)

Let us now address my shoes. Listen, I do have other shoes. Honest. It just so happens that I bought these shoes at DSW right before we started the blog and they're oh.so.comfy! And do you know how difficult that is to find with heels?! Especially in the winter? (There will be more variety once spring and summer finally settle in to Pittsburgh.) Aaaand, these one's are sturdy so I don't constantly feel like I'm going to lose my balance - After all I'm not very coordinated...ask my flat-mate, Jocelyn.


Overall, this outfit is really comfortable and just kind of fell into place after I decided on the skirt. Usually, I pick out one piece I'm going to wear and then make my outfit around that one piece. If there's one article of clothing on which to focus, the other pieces usually come together pretty easily. I was going to wear my blue tights when I originally decided to wear this skirt, but then since it's still in the 40s here in Pittsburgh (Um, for all you metric readers, that's probably in the single digits celcius style) I needed to layer. And while this may surprise you, I'm not as daring with color combinations as Anna Rae is and blue tights and a purple sweater are just too far out of my comfort zone. So back to basic black tights I went.


Until tomorrow. Libby

PS - As you can probably tell, thanks to my flat-mate for taking these photos. It was really cold outside and she had to get up super early for a meeting at work - she was a real trooper.


Shoes: Madden Girl

Tights: Macy's

Skirt: ModCloth

Black Shirt: Express

Purple Sweater: Nordstrom

2 comments:

  1. Libby McGee (it's a fun name), we are TOTALLY -- should I have written totes? Someone told me it's what the kids are sayin' -- wearing coordinating outfits. I'm excited for you to see what I mean.

    ReplyDelete
  2. IMHO, I think that the black tights were a good choice.

    ReplyDelete