Thursday, March 11, 2010

Outside Schmoutside


So Anna is all high on the outdoors, but guess what? It doesn't always cooperate. Sure, it was in the 60s today, and sure it was sunny, but of course as soon as I got home the sun disappeared and the gray skies reigned (rained possibly) supreme. Well I'm over you dark, and I'm kind of excited for daylight savings time this weekend because I need sunlight longer. Doesn't Mother Nature realize that I need light for my pictures? Doesn't she?? However, in the picture above, I am talking to the neighbors dog who decided to make an appearance. Boswell (or TRex, I'm not sure which one was outside, they're nearly identical) is super cute and chubby so of course I had to smile - even though he messed up my serious face. It's nice the weather is no longer limiting so that those dogs will roam outside more often.

Oh geez, moving on, tangents (like run-on sentences) make.me.tired. And after a long day at work, it's easy to make cute little ol' me tired. Well moving on to my outfit, I liked it a lot more in person. Three people complimented me on it, so I took that as a good sign.

Like I said yesterday, I'm usually dull with colors, except for that one piece of color that adds a POP! Today, if you can't already tell, (I really do give you all a lot more credit to pick out the POP! of color in my outfit, but the picture is grainy and saturated (or is it unsaturated?) and so I'll just spell it out for ya) my pink sweater is the pop of color. I got the polka dot sweater (dress apparently, at least according to ModCloth, but really, who are they kidding? I went up a size and this puppy still hardly covers my ample bootay) and I really like it because it reminds me of oreos.

This is not to be confused with Oreo, Anna's deceased cat who bit my ankle once when we were younger. Oh, but don't worry faithful blog readers, Oreo was "just hungry and wanted something to eat" (according to Anna and her mom). So that all sounds fine and dandy, except that apparently Oreo was some kind of cannibal cat and wanted to feast on HUMAN FLESH. No thanks, Oreo, I like my ankles just fine.

But since this is super long and tangent-y, I'll wrap it up. Overall, I liked this outfit. Spring is just around the corner, and I think my pink sweater accomplished that feeling quite well. And if you don't enjoy my side stories and crazy explanations and tangents, I'm sorry, they're here to stay...like Spring. P.S. Notice how quick of a study Anna is today - her picture is so effortless and cool...unlike my grainy ones. Woof.

Until tomorrow. Libby

Shoes: Madden Girl
Jeans: Express
Pink Sweater: Express
Polka Dot Sweater(Dress): ModCloth

2 comments:

  1. Is the Sweater dress too short to wear with tights, because it would look great with your mustard tights and a red belt (obviously not when wearing your pink cardigan). Consider wearing short black dress shorts under it or a black mini. Oh ModCloth and your hemlines.

    Oreo only bit your ankle once (he was hungry). Stop complaining.

    xoxoAnnaRae

    ReplyDelete
  2. Since you mention the outside and our changes temperatures, I was wondering if maybe you could give your readers some tips on shopping/dressing for the spring and summer. What are some essential spring/summer pieces that you can recommend? Not that I can currently buy any, being pregnant and all, but maybe next spring/summer. A year should be long enough to successfully lose all of this baby weight, right? Hehe.

    ReplyDelete