Friday, March 12, 2010

Chocolate Chip Pancakes.

Let us first discuss how INCREDIBLY awkward I find it to take pictures of my face. I know it's like beating a dead horse, but really, it's just so much easier to post pictures of the rest of my body, because let's face (ha) the facts and realize that we're posting our clothes on this site. So really, it's no big loss for you. Maybe someday you'll see a clear picture of my face. Maybe. If you're lucky. Or, when Anna and I are in the same country sometime soon, we'll take a picture together and I'll feel much less doofy.
So this morning I met my friend Meg (she's adorable. Her style is so preppy and polished (in the best way!) and it's just so effortless!) for breakfast at a local establishment called The Dor-Stop. If you're from around Pittsburgh and you haven't eaten there, please do. I don't even like pancakes but their chocolate chip pancakes were a.ma.zing. They were just the right amount of cakey, yet still fluffy. Perfection. Mmm, my mouth is watering just blogging about them. (Hello, Pavlov, you're salivating dogs (Libby) are calling and they want their dignity back.) The Dor-Stop was featured on Diners, Drive-Ins and Dives, so it's totally legit.

Now, moving on, you can all probably tell that Anna is much more into fashion than I am by reading our posts. I tell stories about pancakes, she talks about the placement of belts. The bottom line is, if I like it I wear it. I was tempted to wear another belt today actually, but then thought I would give you guys a break. I can't bore you in the first week, now can I? I included the picture above so that you could make sure that I still had feet and wore shoes. It bothers me if you don't know what shoes I'm wearing because I could totally be cheating and wearing slippers and you guys would never know! (Note to self: Wear slippers someday and just don't post any pictures from the knee down. Yes, that's a perfect plan. Nobody will know.)
Along with what Anna said in a previous post, at the risk of sounding like I'm bragging, I'm in love with my bag. That's why I wanted to get a close up of it. I got it when I was studying in Italy but I'm only mentioning this because of how good of a deal it was. This bag cost 10 euro in Florence - when I studied there, that was like the equivalent of $12.50. $12.50! Insane! And it's so versatile. I guess the one other aspect of my outfit I'd like to mention (oh! quick tangent. This is my black blazer which is identical to the gray one I wore the other day. I told you all I'd be posting it sometime soon!) but I like to call these my diaper shorts. They're bunched at the top, but fit more nicely than real diapers do I guess. (I'm not for certain about the fit of diapers, but I guess I'll find out in May when my little niece is born and comes out ready to have her diaper changed and demanding pretty shoes to wear. Of course I'll spoil her and fulfill both requests.)

Other than that, I like my outfit. A creepy guy at the ATM complimented me on it, so if that doesn't solidify my fashion awesomeness today, I don't know what does. Unless Auntie Donna complains about my blue tights like she did with Anna....

Until Tomorrow. Libby

Shoes: Madden Girl
Tights: Gap
Shorts: BCBG
Shirt: Old Navy
Blazer: Gap
Ring: Aerie
Bag: Random Leather Market (Florence, Italy)

5 comments:

  1. Love the outfit today! The tights add enough color but when paired with the other pieces, isn't all that shocking to the viewer, like say maybe yellow tights... hahaha. J/k!

    Speaking of legwear, I know that you dig tights, but what about leggings? How do you feel when people wear them as pants? Taking it a step further, I heard about jeggings today (jeans that are leggings). What are your thoughts on those?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Amanda! I get really excited when you like my outfits. I know, it's okay, yellow tights actually terrify me as well. They're so bold! Well, I will save your tights question for an entire post where Anna and I can perhaps write it together. But, as a whole, people need to wear pants. It's a pet peeve of mine lol.

    Concerning jeggings though, they're so comfortable. I'm actually looking for a pair of black skinny ones currently. I like that they have pockets on the butt, so as to not become ass suicide jeans (ones without pockets that are flattering to NOBODY). You have to find the right pair though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. First of all, Libbers, I love this outfit. I'd really like some more dress shorts, as they are my favorite to wear.

    Amanda, I think the idea of spring and summer fashions to look forward to is a great idea! Just some thoughts that came to mind for one who may be asking how to look stylish while pregnant/losing the pregnancy weight...

    What is really in right now is denim. I think a really structured denim button down (think of a men's cut) is a really versatile look, especially pairs with cuffed trousers or shorts, and one that is no fuss and with such clean lines. The length of skirts and dresses is, unfortunately, quite short and the fabrics are flouncy. I would suggest that you invest in some high-quality opaque leggings (the best are exercise brand ones, my recommendation is Lulu Lemon) to wear with the shorter hemlines until you're back at a comfortable weight.

    Also, take advantage of the fact that the boyfriend look is in and buy a nice structured and a bit oversized blazer and cuff the sleeves. This are super easy to come buy at any thrift store. I'd recommend tan or navy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Holy shit! Who's that hot chick! ^_^ Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well Peng, it isn't me, it's my friend Libby. But I'm glad you love it!

    ReplyDelete