Saturday, March 27, 2010

You know what punkers don't do -- Call themselves punkers.

Sorry Tara, but this post is sadly not about what I wore to Hot Tub Time Machine -- though it would be a great outfit. I have yet to see that movie, but man do I want to. Instead, this is how I toned down my costume-obsessed instincts and dressed a little like a rock star to see the Runaways. I was inspired but how my hair looked like Joan Jett's, just a little less badass.

And aren't these tights amazing? I'm pretty sure they're not from Target, so they are not the Rodarte for Target tights and just some Kohl's copies, but since I bought tights at Kohl's and Target over the course of three days, there is a distinct possibility that I am actually wearing Rodarte tights around.
The location and the color filter of the shots were, like the Runaways, a little like punk rock, but too produced to be actually punk rock. Below is a picture of what the colors actually looked like, but I stuck with mostly gray and black except for the red skirt -- a great St. Vincent de Paul find that actually goes to my knees so is perfect for non-Costume things, like teaching.
(I'm so bad at posing for pictures when I'm trying to be tough and not smile)
I inherited this clutch from my grandmother, and it's one of my favorites. I always loved it when she carried it, and thought it represented everything ladylike from an older generation.
Normally my style is far more twee than punk rock, but I liked the way I was able to make my usual pieces feel slightly more edgy. Your thoughts and judgements on the outfit? The movie? The idea of taking your pictures in an alley by a dumpster to adhere to a certain aesthetic?

Shirt: Gifted by Erin, giveaway
Sweater: Thrifted, Value Village
Skirt: Thrifted, St. Vincent de Paul, Latrobe
Tights: Kohl's (?)
Shoes: Doc Marten's
Necklace: Handmade by someone I sat by at Our Town
Clutch: Inherited, Grandma's

xoxo Anna Rae

2 comments:

  1. I WOULD like to meet you in dark alley my dear-- which I think makes you more punk rock rather than less!

    ReplyDelete
  2. you up'd the PUNX!

    ReplyDelete