Thursday, March 25, 2010

Hey, Mickey.

This week, my mom is at an accountant's conference in Florida. Okay, to be completely honest, she's at a controller's conference, but every time I say that, people either think I'm making a snide remark about her personality or that I've misheard her when she says comptroller. But, there she is anyway, minutes from Disney, surrounded by a lot of other people who are also really into calculations and budgets and organizations and file folders full of excel spreadsheets. Apart from learning valuable lessons like, there is nothing quite as bad as accountants singing karaoke, I'm not quite sure what she's doing with her time because she certainly isn't going to the parks, as she keeps reminding me. Still, there being so much discussion about Disney and all, and since I'm so happy with the general accounting profession today -- Why? you ask. Well, today, an accounting student filed my taxes for me and now I can wait patiently for the Canadian government to send me some cash, take that US, who instead asked for two whole dollars of my money -- I've decided to dress in honor of my favorite accountant, Momma Karen.Let's just be clear that my mom would never wear anything like this, nor would she actually like this outfit. Still, if you look closely at the shirt worn under the jean dress, there's the beloved Mickey Mouse, in all of his unofficially reproduced glory.
But let's talk about the dress - another baby doll dress with Doc Marten's. If I could recommend one piece of clothing for anyone to also have in their wardrobe, it would be a jean dress that they really love. I wear this to school, to the bar, to brunch, to the mall, to shows -- it's really lovely in its versatility and ability to look great with any pair of colored or textured tights.
Erin, on one of our first day's of outdoor photographs, wanted to take a picture by the totem pole, but I wanted to wait until my outfit seemed appropriate. Today, with my color scheme, especially the green tights, I thought I finally had an outfit worthy. I hope you agree.

Also, while on the subject of Erin, the adorable bow earrings were another score in her bag of giveaways. I love that I have so many new and new-to-me pieces to work with these days!
And, yes, you've noticed correctly that there is a scarf tied as a bow on the top of my head. It really is one of my go-to looks when I don't want to bother with my hair, like this morning when the power went off in my basement suite sometime in between when I went to bed and when my alarm should have woken me up. Originally inspired by the Marc Jacobs Spring collection that was inspired from the 1940s use of the head kerchief, it's really now inspired by its quick and easy solution to not so pretty hair.
Dress: Old Navy
Shirt: Street vendor in Thailand
Scarf as bow: Gifted, AlyWebb
Tights: We Love Colors
Shoes: Doc Martens, gifted by Mom and Dad
Earrings: Gifted by Erin (giveaway)

Have a lovely night (day) and think good thoughts about accountants. xoxo Anna Rae

No comments:

Post a Comment