Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Questionable Basement Lighting

Another outfit post? In the same day? Look at this dedication. I actually wore this outfit today, and thought that I should post it now, while Libby's already asleep, so it doesn't look like I'm constantly lagging behind her, as she normally wakes up hours before me, and that is without factoring in the three-hour time difference.
Please excuse the really tragic lighting in my basement suite, but my camera battery was dead so I couldn't ask anyone during the day if they would take a picture of me. Also, my eyes look green? I suppose they wanted to match my tights, echoing the classic question, "Can you even dye my eyes to match my dress?" which Dorothy asks once inside the Emerald City in another classic make-over set to music montage. Why would anyone want to dye their eyes instead of their dress? But I digress.

The big feature of the outfit here is probably the jacket. I bought it about three years ago when I was living in London (a fact that, besides sounding a bit braggy, should suggest that I spent way too much money on it), back when shoulder pads were really not acceptable, but loved it so much and wore it over almost every outfit. I normally like wearing it with browns or other really bright colors, like pink, but today I wanted to find a way to wear it with my new green tights.

The outfit was pretty simple -- grey dress, yellow jacket, green tights -- so I thought that I needed some good accessories to tie those pieces together. The scarf, worn on a rare occasion as a scarf and not a bow on the top of my head was the keystone, bringing in the outfit's yellow and green and the black from my new, super cute button bracelet. The earrings were added at the last second; I thought the hairstyle required some earrings and I liked the idea of having as much green as possible.
There is a law in Vancouver stating, when it doesn't rain, you must wear flats or heels. Today, shockingly enough, it was only cloudy all day, so I was able to rock these multi-patterned ribbon flats that my mom bought me on a whim once. Go Karen go. I'm not sure if they quite go with the outfit, but I find them adorable regardless.

Jacket: Vintage, shop in Camden Market
Dress: J Crew Factory Outlet Store
Tights: We Love Colors
Rampage: Rampage, Macy's
Scarf: Gifted by AlyWebb
Earrings and Bracelet: Gifted by Cammy (why yes, I do have stylish and generous friends)

p.s. Alexander McQueen's final show in Paris. I don't feel competent enough to write on it, but the clothes were so beautiful and the context so tragic, I almost cried.

4 comments:

  1. Your hair looks super cute today. Also, I kind of love that bracelet.
    xoxLib

    ReplyDelete
  2. auntie Donna3/10/2010

    Ok-loved the outfit-except for the tights! Don't you two have graduate work to do!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Anna and Libby!!! this blog looks soooo professional and legit. if i were fashionable, i'd totally bookmark this page and make it my bible.
    this is very cool! keep it up guys!
    miss/love you, Julie <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. Auntie Donna, but why don't you like the tights?

    ReplyDelete