Friday, March 19, 2010

Pitt 89 - Oakland 66


Today I dressed in my best blue and gold (or yellow or mustard), and Pitt won their first game of the tournament by 23 points. I believe there is some sort of connection between the two. To celebrate, Erin photographed me by the incredibly ugly mural on the wall of our office building (which is actually an academic building that happens to hold the offices we use for office hours).
I really like how this outfit came together. Mixed patterns are my new favorite. Also, I love wearing clothes associated with school, like button-ups and argyle. So, I guess this is the preptastic way to wear this skirt.
Next to mixing patterns, my favorite new trend is socks with flats. And these socks gave me a chance to wear double argyle! Also, doesn't this photo look like it belongs in a 1980s music video? I love it.

Today I felt like both a prepared teacher and a dedicated fan. Such a success! Now to plan what to wear for the game again Xavier on Sunday. I have a feeling that the tights will make another appearance, they're such a staple for my fangirl life.

Skirt: AE
Shirt: Thrifted, Value Village
Vest: Thrifted, Goodwill, Etown, PA
Belt: Thrifted, Value Village
Tights: We Love Colors
Shoes: AE
Jewelry: Gifted by Mom and Dad
Sunglasses: 3 Vets Ltd, Army Surplus Store

2 comments: