Sunday, March 28, 2010

Stop Mumbling, Seth Rogen.

Why am I laughing? Because Beth - my friend, past roommate, and today's photographer - directed a lengthy photo shoot on Granville Island today in an attempt to spy on maybe Seth Rogen.

Maybe Seth Rogen, you say? Let me elaborate -- Today while sitting outside of the Public Market, Beth and I noticed someone sitting behind us who looked exactly like Seth Rogen, but it was a little hard to tell as he was covering his face with his newsboy cap. Beth was pretty convinced, but I was skeptical -- then we heard him laugh. Yes, it was that odd, distinct laugh we all know and love. Now, if you know me at all, you know that anything Judd Appatow touches, especially in the world of television, immediately fills my heart with glee, so now that Beth was completely convinced and I was 85% convinced, we wanted to geek out big time. In an attempt to be cool, native Vancouverites, we refrained, and instead sat still hoping to hear what he was talking about, in an effort to find out if it really was him. But, man, let me tell you, maybe Seth Rogen is a mumbler. Speak up, Seth Rogen (if it indeed is you)! Let your fangirls geek out in public.

But on to the outfit, a celebrity in its own mind...
I really based this outfit on the day's activity and the weather, which is I guess how most people dress all the time. Because it was so springy outside, I wanted to wear some pastels, like my pink tights and this new summer cardigan (bought on the super clearance rack, oh yeah).
I wanted the outfit to be casual but kind of cool and interesting, since Granville Island, while essentially just a cute area to wonder and eat and enjoy the view, can also be a collection of strange and artsy people. And who doesn't want to dress to impress the street performers and to fit in with both the art students and the tourists? In an attempt to be fun and interesting, but also casual, I wore my all-time favorite flower headband and mixed patterns in a, I hope, slightly subtler way with the stripes and the tweed. None of the colors in my outfit actually matched, but I thought they worked well together anyway, playing up the idea of spring (even the black and white tweed jacket worked with that because of its pink ribbons).
I really liked how this outfit turned out. It worked perfectly for a day by the water, some thrift shopping, and sushi dinner.
Skirt: AE
Sweater: Off the Wall, downtown Vancouver
Blazer: Target
Tights: We Love Colors
Shoes: Value Village
Necklace: Gifted
Headband: Walmart
Sunglasses, Gifted by Erin, part of the giveway

Something to look forward to: Today, Beth and I did a little bit of vintage shopping at Mintage on 4th, where all vintage was twenty dollars or less. I bought a coat that makes me feel like such a sleuth. Look out for it soon!

xoxo Anna Rae

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous3/29/2010

    Beautiful! Gorgeous! Love the pictures

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for not posting the pic of me...I was worried. Also, as I love to be right, I googled Seth Rogan and he is currently filming in Vancouver. :P

    ReplyDelete