Monday, March 15, 2010

Just Like Libby

Hello, readers! Today, The Tights that Bind is celebrating the one-week anniversary of daily wear posts. Yes, this blog will treat anniversaries like any respectable 7th-grade couple would. And when you break up with us at the Valentine's Day dance because that girl who was only a friend because you're so hip to have best friends of the opposite sex wants to date you, we will spend the rest of the evening crying in the bathroom. But, until then, happy one week!As promised, I am wearing a new acquisition - the beautiful purple skirt you see pictured. Now, my natural instincts are to match the skirt with color intensity - yellow tights or cardigan, colored jewelry... you know the drill. But, since it is only March 15 and my skirt is the color of an Easter egg, I thought I'd winter it up with the black and white cardigan and my all time favorite sweater tights.
The hair bow is from Hot Topic. Yeah, that's right. I entered Hot Topic as a 24-year-old. I know, I know -- I betrayed the trust of 19-year-old Anna Rae who was so cool with her Bright Eyes vinyl, Freaks and Geeks DVDs, and Frank O'Hara poetry (yes, I like all of those, and yes, I think it's a little weird myself), the 19-year-old Anna Rae who moved to the bottom of the pile any evidence that she ever shopped at Hot Topic -- well, except, of course, that Smiths t-shirt (which may work with this skirt someday). I'm sorry 19-year-old me, but this $10 headband was so worth it. There is a shiny, puffy bow AND a lace bow.
I love the textures of the skirt and the tights against each other. The polka dots on the skirt are so delicate especially in comparison to the oh so wintry sweater tights and the bolder stripes on the cardigan.
Erin took these pictures in one of UBC's small patches of Spring. We both get dorky-excited when it comes to bright colors, so the idea of yellow daffodils as a background for a purple skirt seemed completely ideal. I love dressing like it's Spring!

Sweater: Jacob (Olympic sale -- which I keep saying and am not sure if the sales were actually tied to the Olympics or just for the change in seasons. We'll never know. Unless you already do.)
Skirt: Target
Tights: Kohl's
Boots: Kohl's
Headband: Hot Topic (I know, it makes me smile every time too)
Necklace: Gifted, and all the way from New Zealand

Remember readers, it's Monday -- go watch Gossip Girl and some ABC Family original TV programming, if you haven't done so already.

xoxo Anna Rae

4 comments:

  1. I'm not going to say what exactly, but I also have an item that I purchased from Hot Topic. I will wear it on a day wen I don't have school or work though - But I love it.

    You're right Anna, our outfits do coordinate in a way. Who knew our connection was that great? P.S. in the midst of our email correspondence, your mom invited me to your house on Easter to see Marky Mark in action while he's cooking pasta. Is that weird that your mom invited me instead of you?

    OMG, wait. She also said 34 of the Sarneso clan will be there - does that mean Andrew??

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm fearful that you will one day regret the bow in the hair!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aunt Donna, I will never regret wearing bows!

    ReplyDelete
  4. i like this outfit anna! it's a very season 2 blair waldorf headband!!
    ~Julie

    ReplyDelete