Monday, December 20, 2010

Off the Cuff

I'm so excited about this outfit because the shorts are a result of my very own handiwork. Despite my love of and respect for all DIY projects, I usually lack the coordination to do my own. These shorts, though, were cuffed by yours truly, turning some regrettable culottes into a very useful item for my closet.
I know what you're thinking and no, I can't really recall the motivation behind buying cullottes. I think it had a lot to do with 50% off day at Value Village. A frenzy of emotions, a shopping cart of possibilities.

I spent so much time admiring the shorts in the mirror (I took a picture of the cuff to really show it off, but that turned out to be a pretty silly picture), that the rest of the outfit was pretty simple. I kept the color palette pale, I absolutely love a light gray and pink combo, and was excited to wear both this blouse and lace tank top. I didn't really want to pair the shorts with a buttoned-up and bowed kind of look, fearing it might be too overwhelming for my casual lunch.
Instead, I tried to make the unbuttoned shirt meaningful -- layering it over the lace and pinning the brooch through one of the bow ties. The silver tie necklace seemed like the perfect final touch.
Shorts: Thrifted and hemmed, Value Village, Vancouver
Blouse: Vintage, Arterie, Montreal
Tank top: Target
Tights: Walmart
Boots: Gifted, Mom and Dad, Zappo's, Chinese Laundry
Brooch: Vintage, Arterie, Montreal
Necklace: Made by woman at coffee shop, Our Town, Vancouver

Dani, one of my lunch dates, is studying photography, so I, once again, had a real professional work on the blog. She claims that she's forgotten how to use a Point-and-Shoot camera (how fancy of her), but I think the photos turned out great. xoxo Anna Rae

2 comments:

  1. Congrats on the cuffing!! I think it was a great success. I also really like the way the lace and striped blouse go with your hair colour. And these photos are beautiful...
    Erin

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, I think I'll get so much more wear out of the shorts now. I'm glad I matched my hair color to my outfit now, because it's about to change on Wednesday. I think I might dye it very, very dark. I'll blog the results, of course.

    ReplyDelete