Saturday, December 18, 2010

Let's Try This Again --

I haven't taken this dress to the tailor's yet, even though I do want the hem and the sleeves shortened. Since it was a summer dress, I thought the tailoring (and wearing) could wait until spring, but I saw it in my closet and it looked so refreshing compared to the outfits I've been wearing over and over this winter.
I layered my denim dress underneath, using its sleeves to cuff the dress's, hoping this would help with their awkward length. The dress can seem a bit much since it's so long, but allowing the top to be broken up by the belt, necklace, and denim dress seemed to help lessen its effects.
The tights provided a splash of bright color, and I'm pretty in love with the pink-navy color combination. The two-toned oxfords seemed like they were made for the dress -- very boating on the river at Oxford.

And a close up of the necklace, a Christmas present from Janet, because it's so excellent in its details.
Dress: Vintage, Eons, Pittsburgh
Denim Dress: Old Navy
Tights: Kohl's
Belt: Thrifted, Value Village, Vancouver
Necklace: Gifted, Janet
Shoes: Gifted, Mom and Dad, Zappo's, Bass

After rewearing this dress, I'm even more excited for the alterations, despite enjoying the way this outfit came together. xoxo Anna Rae

No comments:

Post a Comment