Thursday, December 23, 2010

Decisive Emotions about Neutral Tones

Despite the fact that my outfit is full of neutral tones, I absolutely love it! I finally admitted to myself that it was indeed cold enough for my long, incredible steal of a coat that I bought from Mintage last season when it was going out of business. Since I only have a few winter coats, I mostly wear them depending on temperature, not on what outfit I'm wearing, but there's something about matching my coat to my outfit that makes me feel so put together. I feel like I'm on a television show.
Clearly, I'm madly in love with these shorts. I liked the idea of pairing them with black tights and oxfords, long lines and all of that. With the shorts and the oxfords, I felt a school nerd vibe, and went with it: button-up shirt with an adorable tie and cardigan.
The small details in this outfit really help to pull it together. I liked the idea of wearing the necklace under the tie, so you could see its pieces only at the exact moment where it meets the lace detailing of the blouse. Like I said, I felt very put together in this ensemble. I love when that happens.
Coat: Vintage, Mintage, Vancouver
Cardigan: New York and Company
Blouse: Thrifted, Alabaster's Attic, Greensburg
Shorts: Thrifted and hemmed, Value Village, Vancouver
Shoes: Gifted, Mom and Dad, Zappo's, Fitzwell
Necklace: Gifted, Janet
The outfit was complimented by some amazing photos! Thank you Susan for freezing outside with me for the sake of fashion blogs. xoxo Anna Rae

No comments:

Post a Comment