Thursday, December 2, 2010

Freezing for Fashion

It's the first pictures with snow of the year, and I have to say, I'm so impressed by all the fashion bloggers who pose in the middle of East Coast or Midwest winters. I don't know how you do it. 10 minutes outside and I had to run back in, finishing the photo session after I warmed up by the fire.

I've been feeling a little bored with my closet lately, so I thought it'd be useful to pull out a piece that I hadn't worn in a while. I bought this dress off of Etsy for our English department holiday party last year. It arrived at my doorstep the night I came home from the party, but I was able to wear it for Christmas Day. It's a bit dressy on its own, but most of the detailing is on the sleeves, so it works well as a basic piece for layering.
To brighten (and lighten) up the black, I wore this great vintage blouse underneath, with its playful bow and light pink that matched my pink tights. The grey sweater and black oxfords helped to make the outfit perfect for both the weather and teaching.
Dress: Vintage, Etsy
Blouse: Vintage, Arterie, Monteal
Cardigan: Thrifted, St. Vincent de Paul, Latrobe, Brand: Zara
Tights: We Love Colors
Shoes: Gifted, Mom and Dad, Zappo's, Brand: Fitzwell
Earrings: Gifted, AlyWebb
It never really seems like a proper snowfall if you can see the grass under the snow, but after two years of living in the (mostly) snowless Pacific Northwest, I'm happy to ease into the weather. xoxo Anna Rae

1 comment:

  1. You look painfully cold!! But very school teacher-like!

    ReplyDelete