Friday, December 24, 2010

Overdressed for Christmas Eve or Christmas Part I

I'll admit it immediately: I'm overdressed for Christmas Eve. But, really, who can blame me? It's a holiday, after all, and I really like the idea of dressing up to help make an event seem special, not just to comply with social codes or an establishment's restrictions. If I overdress for the grocery store, I may as well overdress for Christmas Eve dinner.
I bought this dress, as I've mentioned before, last Christmas. I love that it's plain enough to really dress up or dress down (works for parties, works for teaching), but it also has these amazing sleeves that really make it noteworthy. Since the dress was quite plain, I wanted all my accessories to be fun and bold, which made the dress seem far more casual than if I had paired it with black tights and sensible flats.
I love these tights! They are oh so festive. As soon as I bought them, I knew that I wanted to pair them with my red belt for Christmas Eve. I liked the idea of having only solid colors in my outfit and my fun but simple oversized pearls as the only accessory to really highlight an amazing Christmas present. Luckily, we opened our immediate family presents last night, and I am now the proud and excited owner of these beautiful mixed-patterned flats! Thanks Mom and Dad! They are now, by far, my absolute favorite pair of shoes. I can't wait to build more outfits around them (I think the stripes and plaid are just crying out to be paired with a polka dot!).
I would have worn these pearls anyway, but how perfect are they at framing my adorable bob? If you can tear your eyes away from my stylish new haircut (I can't!), note the detailing on the sleeve. It's just another reason to really love vintage.
Dress: Vintage, Etsy
Pearls: Claire's
Tights: Target
Shoes: Gifted, Mom and Dad, Coach

A very special thanks to TJ, the most creative person I know, for taking these pictures with both talent and efficiency (It's too cold for involved photo shoots!). xoxo Anna Rae

1 comment:

  1. Those shoes render me speechless! Want!
    Excellent work Karen!

    Merry Christmas
    xox

    ReplyDelete