Friday, February 25, 2011

Casual Wednesdays


I think that this outfit was seriously inspired by my newfound love of Portlandia.

I don't teach classes on Wednesdays this semester, so I usually spend the day lesson planning or running around to errands or appointments. I often don't love my casual outfits, because I don't like dressing down, but I thought this outfit was fun, comfortable, and pulled together. I pulled this shirt out of To Be Donated bag the last time I was at my cousin's (Thanks Lauren!), and I loved the idea of pairing it with my striped tank top. The shorts and thick socks were part fashion, part function: I liked the way the socks added to the Pacific Northwest feel of the outfit, but I also recently fell and cut open my knees (surprise, surprise!), so I wanted something that would be warm and comfortable. The feminine shoes with the slightly more masculine outfit just seemed fun.
Shirt: Giveway, Forever 21
Tank top: Target
Belt: Fashion Bug
Shorts: Thrifted and hemmed, Value Village, Vancouver
Socks: Target
Shoes: Thrifted, Goodwill, Etown, Target

Happy weekend everyone! xoxo Anna Rae

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous2/27/2011

    you know i love casual... and i love this outfit! very cute but comfortable. just like sweatpants.

    xoxojulie

    ReplyDelete