Thursday, February 3, 2011

I don't rely on mirrors, so I always take Polaroids.

When I put this outfit on this morning, I thought it was such a simple ensemble -- sensible pants, a plain colored shirt, and patterned cardigan for detail. Now that I look at the pictures, it seems a little wackier than I originally thought.
I think that, as you can see, the purple in the belt and the yellow in the shirt's bow don't match the cardigan's colors precisely, allowing the top to be more of a tonal blend of contrasting colors. And they are my favorite contrasting colors. But let's talk about these newly thrifted shoes...
...Erin! Look! It's a metallic, pointy-toed wedge. If I was on version of What Not to Wear where you were Stacy London, I think this would be the moment where you'd shout, "Shut the Front Door!"

I like this outfit much better photographed than in the mirror this morning, which is a pleasant surprise.

Cardigan: Gap
Shirt: Ross Dress for Less
Pants: the Loft
Belt: Gifted, Camilla
Shoes: Thifted, Goodwill, Etown, Target
Sometimes, the tripod really does its job and captures a picture with excellent lighting like this one. xoxo Anna Rae

3 comments:

  1. I have a belt just like this! It's bright pink, though.. I never wear it. I need to bring it out more often!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You should! I great way to add a pop of color to neutrals. Let's style an outfit around it the next time I'm in Williamsburg!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You look great! Like you stepped out of the 70's!!

    ReplyDelete