Friday, February 11, 2011

Sparkles and Feathers

I took the upcoming holiday as an excuse to dress up a little for a night out in Pittsburgh with my cousin. I'm a little hesitant to wear color with this dress -- something I usually never shy away from -- because I don't want to overwhelm the sparkles. I instead chose some tights that would match the light grey in the dress, my new favorite metallic wedges, and some fun black and white accessories.

To add a little extra fun and interest to the outfit, I decided to wear this amazing belt that Camilla sent me in an owl-themed birthday present. Although she sent it weeks before Christmas, I received it yesterday. Fun owl clothes and accessories are always better late than never, I'd say. The black and white feathers add an extra layer of interest with unusual texture, which is fun in an outfit that is so focused on textures.
Dress: Gabe's
Belt: Gifted, Camilla
Tights: Target
Shoes: Thrifted, Goodwill, Etown, Target
Earrings: On sale in London, but I forget the store

Happy Early Valentine's Day! xoxo Anna Rae

2 comments:

  1. What a pretty dress... and yes, I am going to say the obvious, you look cold. I think we are actually a bunch of crazies for fashion blogging in the snow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We absolutely are! You are much better at putting on a brave happy face in the cold --extra impressive considering that you're in Hamilton, which is much, much colder than PA.

    ReplyDelete