Tuesday, February 8, 2011

A Little Bit of Everything

Despite featuring almost all of my favorite things to wear -- bright colors, floral embellishments, edgy metallics, and animal prints -- this outfit doesn't seem too crazy to me. Since it contains almost all of my favorite things, it's probably no surprise that I absolutely love this outfit -- which may be why its the second time that I've worn it in 4 days!. I found this dress at Burlington Coat Factory on Saturday and immediately knew that I wanted to pair it with my coral cardigan. The metallic beadwork on the top of the dress gave it an edgier feel that seemed like a perfect complement to these (slightly subtle?) animal print tights and metallic wedges. I should have owned a pair of shoes like these ages ago.
Dress: Burlington Coat Factory
Cardigan: Anthropologie
Tights: Target
Shoes: Thrifted, Goodwill, Etown, Target
Coat: Vintage, Thrifted, Salavation Army, Lancaster
One of the best parts of this dress is how well it matches this wool coat I bought on my thrifting excursion. Maybe it's the seemingly never-ending winter, but I can't stop myself from buying coats these days! xoxo Anna Rae

12 comments:

  1. YOU LOOK SO CUTE IN THAT FIRST POST. Jil Sander, much? Love you!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. *and by post I think I meant picture. (I just got a little over-excited)

    ReplyDelete
  3. mono brown2/08/2011

    Did Santa buy somebody a tripod.

    Just kidding. You told me about the tripod yourself.

    I'm drinking green tea at Ike, enjoying this post tremendously. Bold bright colours are just what this February needs.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Santa did buy me a tripod -- he's invested in fashion blogging. I totally agree -- the deeper into this dreary winter we get, the more I'm drawn to bold colors.

    Carmen! I'm overexcited by your comparison to Jill Sander. Love you, girl!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous2/08/2011

    That turquoise is gorgeous! And the patterns on those tights add a nice touch too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks Rosel! I knew a loud pattern would be too much, but you can almost not see the detail unless the light hits them. Maybe you'll be able to buy them now that Target bought Zellers!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You look stunning! I love the bright colours!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Anonymous2/08/2011

    you look adorable anna! the colors go great together :)

    xoxoJulie

    ReplyDelete
  9. And to think that you weren't going to buy the dress because of the fit! Lesson #1: Take off the clothes you are currently wearing before trying on new ones!

    SO LOVE that cardigan!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Coral and turquoise are one my top three favourite colour combinations! Excellent job Anna!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Are the other two combinations black and white and red and pink?

    ReplyDelete
  12. Anonymous2/09/2011

    hahaha i completely agree with aunt donna!
    example #1: trying on your modcloth dress in the car with your shirt and cargigan still on! just too eager..

    xoxoJulie

    ReplyDelete