Saturday, February 26, 2011

Mad Hatters

Today, I assembled a fairly fun and bright outfit to go shopping with my aunt for her birthday, an outfit that was completely overshadowed when I found this sequined cap at a vintage/consignment/independent seller store. Knowing it was love at first sight, I also bought it in teal.
The outfit itself was centered around the idea of wearing this dress as a jumper. Once I paired it with this pastel-plaid blouse, I thought it'd be fun to bring out the colors in the blouse by wearing richer tones in my cardigan and tights.
Luckily, the cap fit in with this theme perfectly, highlighting the pink of the blouse. I have a feeling that my spring wardrobe will be constantly pairing bright colors with each other.
Dress: Thrifted and hemmed, St. Mary's Hospital Thrift Store, Sechelt, BC
Blouse: Gabes, Urban Outfitters
Cardigan: Old Navy
Belt: Thrifted, Value Village
Tights: Target
Boots: Gifted, Mom and Dad, Chinese Laundry
Necklace: Gifted, Mom and Dad, Tiffany's
Hat: Luxx, Pittsburgh, South Side
Julie, my photographer for today, is modeling the other cap. She's such a good sport that she also wore the cap throughout the day, being my twin and causing many other Carson Street pedestrians to speculate on whether or not we were seeing Gaga tonight (sadly, we're not). xoxo Anna Rae

1 comment: