Friday, February 18, 2011

Happy Days are Here Again

Today was one of those amazing 65-degree days that somehow appear in the middle of winter. Even though 65 isn't quite a tropical temperature, it felt warm enough that once I came home from school, I had to immediately change out of my thick tights and grey sweater and find the brightest and lightest thing I could wear.

I love this Liberty of London dress. My excursion to Target with Erin and subsequent late-night ordering off of their website is one of my favorite fashion adventures, and the memories always come back once I put the dress on. I know I wear this cardigan more than I probably should, but forgive me this one overdose. How could I not want to rewear it now that Emma Pillsbury gave it her seal of approval?
Instead of the blue ribbon that came with the dress, I chose to belt it with this polka-dot belt from another dress, both playing up the coral-blue color combination and adding a small dose of pattern mixing. I wore my button bracelet because I felt like it adhered to the whimsical feel of the outfit and it made the black of my boots seem a little less harsh in contrast to the bright Spring colors of the rest of the outfit.
Dress: Liberty of London for Target
Belt: from Thrifted dress, Salvation Army, Lancaster
Cardigan: Anthropologie
Bracelet: Gifted, Camilla
Boots: Gifted, Mom and Dad, Zappo's, Chinese Laundry

I know that the weather can't stay like this for much longer, but it already has me looking forward to Spring! xoxo Anna Rae

1 comment:

  1. I think that belt was made for the dress-- Liberty wishes they thought of it first!

    ReplyDelete